Just a minute, it's Nicholas!
RADIO and television star Nicholas Parsons will be starring at Chelmsford s Civic Theatre for one night only. The comedian and entertainer is the chairman of BBC Radio 4 s Just a Minute for the last 37 years and was also the host of Sale of the Century fo
RADIO and television star Nicholas Parsons will be starring at Chelmsford's Civic Theatre for one night only.
The comedian and entertainer is the chairman of BBC Radio 4's Just a Minute for the last 37 years and was also the host of Sale of the Century for a record-breaking 14 years.
In this entertaining and vibrant show, he takes his audience on a humorous and nostalgic journey through the memorabilia of his long and eventful life.
Seeing the funny side of every situation, he highlights with superb and often hilarious observation those events that have shaped his career, including his early struggles to enter the unpredictable world of showbusiness and his methods to survive in the demanding world of entertainment.
A surprisingly excellent mimic, Mr Parsons not only recalls the incidents and events that have shaped his career, but re-creates them with vivid and amusing impersonations of the personalities involved.
His comic timing and accurate observation creates a cast of characters that make this an unusual evening of comedy, which has his audience entertained and laughing throughout.
- 1 Scammer conned North Essex man out of £6,000
- 2 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 3 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 4 RideLondon: The Uttlesford road closures list
- 5 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 6 Extra trains to Tottenham Hotspur Stadium for Betfred Challenge Cup final
- 7 Obituary: Michael Hitchcock was known as 'Mr Bardfield'
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Dunmow Rovers Youth FC get £1,000 donation for new kits
- 10 Dunmow Rovers Tigers Under 10s celebrate 'fantastic result'
Meanwhile, audiences at the Civic Theatre are set to be transported this summer to Buenos Aires, the home of the Tango.
Tango! Tango! will be at the Chelmsford venue on Thursday June 4 and promises an evening of spectacular dancing, drama and music.
A programme of films exploring the lives of British housewives from the 1920s to the 1950s is showing for one day only at the Cramphorn Theatre.
Houswives' Choice has two screenings at 3pm and 8pm on Wednesday June 10.
To book tickets for these events call the box office on 01245 606505 or visit www.chelmsford.gov.uk/theatres