Joseph’s cheeky grin’ fits the bill...
DUNMOW has the youngest superstar in the making, that s according to a national baby website that has made Joseph Long its face of the year. A cheeky grin and big blue eyes closed the deal for Joseph, said Kathryn Crawford who manages an up-and-coming w
DUNMOW has the youngest superstar in the making, that's according to a national baby website that has made Joseph Long its face of the year.
"A cheeky grin and big blue eyes closed the deal for Joseph," said Kathryn Crawford who manages an up-and-coming website thebabywebsite.com which is aimed at advising and helping parents.
"We picked from 2400 babies in total, we wanted a baby of about Joseph's age and when we heard the story of his birth we new he was the one for us."
Joseph's father Gary Long entered his child by writing and updating a blog on the internet giving details of various milestones in Joseph's life.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "I constructed it after seeing the website advertised at a baby fair. I knew they were going to look through blogs for the winner so I put a couple of photos and a bit of a story up and it went from there."
The story behind Joseph's birth was also a factor in him being picked from the thousands who applied. Mr Long said: "He was born three weeks early and his mother had to have a caesarean section because she has had her spine rebuilt with titanium cases."
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 3 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 4 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 5 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 6 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
Mother Jayne Long was diagnosed as being 'high risk' by doctors before they even started trying for Joseph. Mr Long recalls, "We had to almost get permission to have kids."
Despite fears that Joseph was growing slowly he turned out to be a healthy baby and the worried parents could relax leaving the stage set for the rising star.
Website owner Mrs Crawford said: "Joseph will be appearing on all our flyers, banners and advertising along with fronting our website.
"We wanted a modern cheeky look and he fits the bill."
Mr Long said "We are over the moon, and very proud of him."
Where next for Joseph Long? His father answered that question, "It's early days yet. Modelling maybe, we have looked into it already but it can get expensive.
"He is eight months old on Friday and we will be celebrating with a photo shoot for the website."
- HAVE you got a cute baby? Send in your favourite pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will put them on our website at www.dunmowbroadcast24.co.uk
By Nick Thompson