Jobcentre Plus outreach service opens in Uttlesford
JOBSEEKERS have received a welcome boost thanks to a new outreach service which starts today (October 19). Jobcentre Plus will be opening services at the Uttlesford District Council offices on London Road, Saffron Walden, and at Thaxted s Community Inform
JOBSEEKERS have received a welcome boost thanks to a new outreach service which starts today (October 19).
Jobcentre Plus will be opening services at the Uttlesford District Council offices on London Road, Saffron Walden, and at Thaxted's Community Information Centre on Town Street.
The outreach service will operate in Saffron Walden on Tuesdays and in Thaxted on Monday and Wednesday morning.
Appointments at the outreaches will be offered to Uttlesford residents who initally sign-on for Job Seekers Allowance in Braintree's Jobcentre Plus.
People in Uttlesford can sign-on in Cambridge and Haverhill instead of Braintree, but in this situation they will not be offered the use of the outreach services.
Manager of Uttlesford Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB), Kate Robson, said: "We are delighted that Jobcentre Plus has acknowledged the transport difficulties many of Uttlesford's residents have in getting to Braintree.
- 1 Festive season begins at Great Dunmow's Christmas Market
- 2 30 new homes proposed for Hatfield Broad Oak
- 3 Thaxted community in shock after fatal house fire
- 4 Katie Price alleged assault: Suspect 'released under investigation'
- 5 Calvin Harris, David Guetta and Fatboy Slim announced for Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up
- 6 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
- 7 Christmas festivities kick off in Great Dunmow
- 8 Villagers rally behind Elsenham Christmas Market
- 9 Man in hospital after Chelmsford Road collision
- 10 Stansted Airport calls for residents' views on solar transformation plan
"We are aware that these outreaches are a pilot and we are therefore very keen that they are successfully introduced. If anyone has any comments about Jobcentre Plus or needs advice about benefits or debt, please contact your local CAB for help."
The outreach services will initally be offered to Job Seeker clients and lone parents who are required to attend mandatory interviews. It is hoped however that the locations will also be used to help clients who need to attend interviews for incapability benefit and employment support allowance going forward.
Contact Jobcentre Plus on 0800 055 6688 or go to www.jobcentreplus.gov.uk to apply for Job Seekers Allowance.
To book an appointment with an Uttlesford CAB advisor at one of their offices in Saffron Walden, Great Dunmow or Thaxted, call 0844 477 5986. For more information visit www.citizensadvice.org.uk
Advice and information can also be found at www.adviceguide.org.uk