Jessie snaps up a great prize
A DUNMOW girl has snapped up an award in a national photo and short film competition. Jessie Myers entry into Mencap s Snap! competition was one of the winners chosen from a record 1170 entries this year. Jessie won a silver award in the celebration cate
A DUNMOW girl has snapped up an award in a national photo and short film competition.
Jessie Myers' entry into Mencap's Snap! competition was one of the winners chosen from a record 1170 entries this year.
Jessie won a silver award in the celebration category. Her photo, entitled Gorg'Jess! shows a picture of herself and was accompanied by the following story: "This is me looking gorgeous and proud in my new school uniform. We were having a practice before starting big school in a whole two weeks".
As well as winning a Fujifilm digital camera, Jessie's photo will be on display at the Proud Camden gallery in London from June 16-28. She will also be invited to a glittering awards ceremony.
You may also want to watch:
Snap! is run by learning disability charity Mencap, and all entries are either taken by or of someone with a learning disability.
To see this year's winners and for more information on Snap! visit www.mencap.org.uk/snap
- 1 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 2 Dunmow Cricket Club announces new sponsor
- 3 Garden of remembrance opens, part funded by Captain Sir Tom Moore fund
- 4 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 5 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
- 6 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 7 Dunmow sign writer's traditional skills are a hit
- 8 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan
- 9 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 10 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history