Jessie snaps up a great prize
A DUNMOW girl has snapped up an award in a national photo and short film competition. Jessie Myers entry into Mencap s Snap! competition was one of the winners chosen from a record 1170 entries this year. Jessie won a silver award in the celebration cate
A DUNMOW girl has snapped up an award in a national photo and short film competition.
Jessie Myers' entry into Mencap's Snap! competition was one of the winners chosen from a record 1170 entries this year.
Jessie won a silver award in the celebration category. Her photo, entitled Gorg'Jess! shows a picture of herself and was accompanied by the following story: "This is me looking gorgeous and proud in my new school uniform. We were having a practice before starting big school in a whole two weeks".
As well as winning a Fujifilm digital camera, Jessie's photo will be on display at the Proud Camden gallery in London from June 16-28. She will also be invited to a glittering awards ceremony.
You may also want to watch:
Snap! is run by learning disability charity Mencap, and all entries are either taken by or of someone with a learning disability.
To see this year's winners and for more information on Snap! visit www.mencap.org.uk/snap
- 1 Former POW camp on council heritage list
- 2 Trees are planted in Great Bardfield
- 3 Grandmother rescued from muddy field in Little Bardfield
- 4 The benefits of the great outdoors
- 5 Covid jabs have started at Broomfield Hospital's Vaccination Hub
- 6 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 7 Surgeon wins top award for hip research
- 8 The Maltings – where would be we without our Friends?
- 9 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 10 MasterChef winner Chef Webb's lockdown recipe