Jazz event goes with a bang
FEATHER bowers, cravats and Panama hats were the order of the day as the Gardens of Easton Lodge hosted its annual Great Gatsby Party on Saturday. More than half of the 120 strong audience donned 1920s-style fancy dress as they enjoyed their picnics whil
FEATHER bowers, cravats and Panama hats were the order of the day as the
Gardens of Easton Lodge hosted its annual Great Gatsby Party on Saturday.
More than half of the 120 strong audience donned 1920s-style fancy dress as they enjoyed their picnics while listening to the sounds of the Bright Stars of Jazz.
Jacquie Fanchette, spokesman for the gardens, said: "It was a fantastic evening; A roaring success. We were so pleased that we were all able to enjoy one of the few delightful summer evenings we've had so far this year."
You may also want to watch:
Although this year's event was missing the presence of the Morgan Owner's Club, those who took picnics did themselves proud.
Champagne corks could be heard popping throughout the evening and one gazebo housing a hen party had more bubbles than most as the guests kept a steady stream of soapy ones aimed at bride-to-be, Naomi Cockell.
- 1 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 2 Dunmow Cricket Club announces new sponsor
- 3 Garden of remembrance opens, part funded by Captain Sir Tom Moore fund
- 4 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 5 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
- 6 Dunmow sign writer's traditional skills are a hit
- 7 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 8 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 9 Numbers seeking support double - can you help Uttlesford foodbank?
- 10 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan
"Saturday's success has set high standards for the rest of the exciting events we have planned," said Mrs Fancette.
Company performs Much Ado about Nothing on Friday July 27. For tickets call 01371 876979.