Jazz event goes with a bang
FEATHER bowers, cravats and Panama hats were the order of the day as the Gardens of Easton Lodge hosted its annual Great Gatsby Party on Saturday. More than half of the 120 strong audience donned 1920s-style fancy dress as they enjoyed their picnics whil
FEATHER bowers, cravats and Panama hats were the order of the day as the
Gardens of Easton Lodge hosted its annual Great Gatsby Party on Saturday.
More than half of the 120 strong audience donned 1920s-style fancy dress as they enjoyed their picnics while listening to the sounds of the Bright Stars of Jazz.
Jacquie Fanchette, spokesman for the gardens, said: "It was a fantastic evening; A roaring success. We were so pleased that we were all able to enjoy one of the few delightful summer evenings we've had so far this year."
You may also want to watch:
Although this year's event was missing the presence of the Morgan Owner's Club, those who took picnics did themselves proud.
Champagne corks could be heard popping throughout the evening and one gazebo housing a hen party had more bubbles than most as the guests kept a steady stream of soapy ones aimed at bride-to-be, Naomi Cockell.
- 1 A12 upgrade: 'The people who live here are not being considered'
- 2 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 3 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 4 Helena Romanes homes plan 'harmful urbanisation' says council
- 5 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 6 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 7 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 8 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 9 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 10 Katie Price alleged assault: 32-year-old man re-bailed
"Saturday's success has set high standards for the rest of the exciting events we have planned," said Mrs Fancette.
Company performs Much Ado about Nothing on Friday July 27. For tickets call 01371 876979.