Jazz event goes with a bang
FEATHER bowers, cravats and Panama hats were the order of the day as the Gardens of Easton Lodge hosted its annual Great Gatsby Party on Saturday. More than half of the 120 strong audience donned 1920s-style fancy dress as they enjoyed their picnics whil
FEATHER bowers, cravats and Panama hats were the order of the day as the
Gardens of Easton Lodge hosted its annual Great Gatsby Party on Saturday.
More than half of the 120 strong audience donned 1920s-style fancy dress as they enjoyed their picnics while listening to the sounds of the Bright Stars of Jazz.
Jacquie Fanchette, spokesman for the gardens, said: "It was a fantastic evening; A roaring success. We were so pleased that we were all able to enjoy one of the few delightful summer evenings we've had so far this year."
Although this year's event was missing the presence of the Morgan Owner's Club, those who took picnics did themselves proud.
Champagne corks could be heard popping throughout the evening and one gazebo housing a hen party had more bubbles than most as the guests kept a steady stream of soapy ones aimed at bride-to-be, Naomi Cockell.
- 1 RideLondon: The Uttlesford road closures list
- 2 Extra trains to Tottenham Hotspur Stadium for Betfred Challenge Cup final
- 3 'Ace line' drug dealer is jailed
- 4 Dunmow Rovers Tigers Under 10s celebrate 'fantastic result'
- 5 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 6 Scammer conned North Essex man out of £6,000
- 7 Could you be named the Essex Young Musician of the Year?
- 8 Obituary: Michael Hitchcock was known as 'Mr Bardfield'
- 9 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 10 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
"Saturday's success has set high standards for the rest of the exciting events we have planned," said Mrs Fancette.
Company performs Much Ado about Nothing on Friday July 27. For tickets call 01371 876979.