It was all White on the night
SNOW WHITE was joined on stage by an eighth dwarf in Takeley Primary School s production this week. The play, which stars Year 6 pupils and has been directed by deputy headteacher Karen Thompson, has been given a modern makeover and an ingenious twist. Th
SNOW WHITE was joined on stage by an eighth dwarf in Takeley Primary School's production this week.
The play, which stars Year 6 pupils and has been directed by deputy headteacher Karen Thompson, has been given a modern makeover and an ingenious twist.
The school's finance officer, Tracy Rayner, said: "Mrs Thompson has been running the after school drama club for about 17 years and Snow White has been another big success.
"It's a cracking production and the children have had great fun coming up with their own dwarf names and have enjoyed learning their lines.
"The Year Three to Five children are also involved in the play, singing enthusiastically in the choir."
The show opened yesterday (Wednesday) and tonight (Thursday) is the final performance.
- 1 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 2 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 3 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 4 Home county tenant exodus drives up London rents
- 5 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 6 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 7 Queen, Alicia Keys and Diana Ross to star in BBC's Platinum Jubilee Party
- 8 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 9 High Roding continue excellent start, as Aythorpe, Dunmow suffer defeats
- 10 A giant snail, sporting success and other school news
For tickets to tonight's show contact the school on 01279 870541. They are free but donations to help fund the scenery and lighting are suggested.
Picture: DICK HARDING