It’s worth a thousand words!
THEY say a picture is worth a thousand words, and that was certainly the case at Rodings Primary School when its new library was officially opened on Friday. Pupils gasped in excitement as author Helen Bonney and illustrator Catriona Ogilvy unveiled a spl
THEY say a picture is worth a thousand words, and that was certainly the case at Rodings Primary School when its new library was officially opened on Friday.
Pupils gasped in excitement as author Helen Bonney and illustrator Catriona Ogilvy unveiled a splendid mural painted on one of the walls.
Head teacher Chris Yates said: "It's a fantastic piece of work that was done by pupils from the school and art students from the Helena Romanes School. It really brightens the place up."
The project was organised by Year Three teacher Alison Hayes who, according to Mr Yates, has been the driving force behind organising pupils and parents to ensure everything ran smoothly.
You may also want to watch:
"The mural is designed to stimulate the children's writing. It reads from left to right and goes from day to night in the same way. Hidden are things representing every letter of the alphabet."
After the unveiling, the children were treated to a talk by the two guests of honour on how to write and illustrate.
- 1 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 2 Helena Romanes homes plan 'harmful urbanisation' says council
- 3 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 4 Community trees and bulbs to help tackle climate change
- 5 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 6 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 7 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 8 Saffron Screen's new Sunday night film season is For All The Brave Women
- 9 New chemotherapy centre at Broomfield Hospital is 'fantastic'
- 10 Katie Price alleged assault: 32-year-old man re-bailed
The library has also been furnished with comfortable sofas and arm chairs to give pupils a pleasant environment to relax with a book in as well as desks to work at.