It’s worth a thousand words!
THEY say a picture is worth a thousand words, and that was certainly the case at Rodings Primary School when its new library was officially opened on Friday. Pupils gasped in excitement as author Helen Bonney and illustrator Catriona Ogilvy unveiled a spl
THEY say a picture is worth a thousand words, and that was certainly the case at Rodings Primary School when its new library was officially opened on Friday.
Pupils gasped in excitement as author Helen Bonney and illustrator Catriona Ogilvy unveiled a splendid mural painted on one of the walls.
Head teacher Chris Yates said: "It's a fantastic piece of work that was done by pupils from the school and art students from the Helena Romanes School. It really brightens the place up."
The project was organised by Year Three teacher Alison Hayes who, according to Mr Yates, has been the driving force behind organising pupils and parents to ensure everything ran smoothly.
You may also want to watch:
"The mural is designed to stimulate the children's writing. It reads from left to right and goes from day to night in the same way. Hidden are things representing every letter of the alphabet."
After the unveiling, the children were treated to a talk by the two guests of honour on how to write and illustrate.
- 1 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 2 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 3 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 4 High Easter claim Division Two title with win over Great Bradfords
- 5 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 6 Concerns that Covid lockdowns has caused fitness levels to drop
- 7 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 8 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 9 Dunmow Cricket Club announces new sponsor
- 10 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
The library has also been furnished with comfortable sofas and arm chairs to give pupils a pleasant environment to relax with a book in as well as desks to work at.