Is the Winter Olympics fuelling a demand for ski holidays?
BUDGET airline EasyJet reckon they have caught the current Olympic-like mood of independent British skiers with the launch of their new ski accommodation booking portal at the start of the 2010 ski season. The portal offers flexible accommodation and ski
BUDGET airline EasyJet reckon they have caught the current Olympic-like mood of independent British skiers with the launch of their new ski accommodation booking portal at the start of the 2010 ski season.
The portal offers flexible accommodation and ski pack bookings and has already allowed thousands of skiers to find accommodation to match the best value flights.
Latest booking statistics released by the airline show that skiers are breaking the mould of the traditional Saturday to Saturday ski holiday, and are travelling throughout the week, attracted by the lower fares on mid-week flights.
In addition, accommodation sales show that skiers are looking for convenience and a short airport-resort transfer time, with figures showing the following top ten destinations for easyJet skiers this season:
You may also want to watch:
- 1 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 2 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 3 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash
- 4 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 5 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
- 6 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 7 Coronavirus rates in Essex are doubling every 10 days
- 8 This week's paper: Dunmow Broadcast on July 22, 2021
- 9 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 10 Fun T2 cricket match and BBQ help to celebrate Dunmow's 125th anniversary
Les Arcs 1800, France
Pas de la Casa, Andorra
Val d'Isere, France
EasyJet's Partnership Manager, Charles Martin, said: "France attracts over 50 per cent of all British skiers, so it is no surprise to see French resorts taking the top slots. "Chamonix and Avoriaz are real favorites with British skiers, thanks to the ease of access from Geneva with transfer times of just over and hour, coupled with the wide availability of easyJet flights from across 13 UK airports.