Is the Winter Olympics fuelling a demand for ski holidays?
BUDGET airline EasyJet reckon they have caught the current Olympic-like mood of independent British skiers with the launch of their new ski accommodation booking portal at the start of the 2010 ski season. The portal offers flexible accommodation and ski
BUDGET airline EasyJet reckon they have caught the current Olympic-like mood of independent British skiers with the launch of their new ski accommodation booking portal at the start of the 2010 ski season.
The portal offers flexible accommodation and ski pack bookings and has already allowed thousands of skiers to find accommodation to match the best value flights.
Latest booking statistics released by the airline show that skiers are breaking the mould of the traditional Saturday to Saturday ski holiday, and are travelling throughout the week, attracted by the lower fares on mid-week flights.
In addition, accommodation sales show that skiers are looking for convenience and a short airport-resort transfer time, with figures showing the following top ten destinations for easyJet skiers this season:
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 2 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 3 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 4 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 5 Ageing trains mended using recycled parts for final years of service
- 6 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 7 New chief executive for ambulance service
- 8 Roger Hirst remains in place in Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner elections
- 9 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan
- 10 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
Les Arcs 1800, France
Pas de la Casa, Andorra
Val d'Isere, France
EasyJet's Partnership Manager, Charles Martin, said: "France attracts over 50 per cent of all British skiers, so it is no surprise to see French resorts taking the top slots. "Chamonix and Avoriaz are real favorites with British skiers, thanks to the ease of access from Geneva with transfer times of just over and hour, coupled with the wide availability of easyJet flights from across 13 UK airports.