Is the Winter Olympics fuelling a demand for ski holidays?
BUDGET airline EasyJet reckon they have caught the current Olympic-like mood of independent British skiers with the launch of their new ski accommodation booking portal at the start of the 2010 ski season. The portal offers flexible accommodation and ski
BUDGET airline EasyJet reckon they have caught the current Olympic-like mood of independent British skiers with the launch of their new ski accommodation booking portal at the start of the 2010 ski season.
The portal offers flexible accommodation and ski pack bookings and has already allowed thousands of skiers to find accommodation to match the best value flights.
Latest booking statistics released by the airline show that skiers are breaking the mould of the traditional Saturday to Saturday ski holiday, and are travelling throughout the week, attracted by the lower fares on mid-week flights.
In addition, accommodation sales show that skiers are looking for convenience and a short airport-resort transfer time, with figures showing the following top ten destinations for easyJet skiers this season:
- 1 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 2 Scammer conned North Essex man out of £6,000
- 3 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 4 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 5 Obituary: Michael Hitchcock was known as 'Mr Bardfield'
- 6 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 7 Dunmow Rovers Youth FC get £1,000 donation for new kits
- 8 Dunmow Rovers Tigers Under 10s celebrate 'fantastic result'
- 9 Outdoor theatre shows for all the family set for the National Trust's Hatfield Forest this summer
- 10 High Easter hit Legends with second-half goal blitz
Les Arcs 1800, France
Pas de la Casa, Andorra
Val d'Isere, France
EasyJet's Partnership Manager, Charles Martin, said: "France attracts over 50 per cent of all British skiers, so it is no surprise to see French resorts taking the top slots. "Chamonix and Avoriaz are real favorites with British skiers, thanks to the ease of access from Geneva with transfer times of just over and hour, coupled with the wide availability of easyJet flights from across 13 UK airports.