Invitation for all to view new multi-million pound Broomfield Hospital wing
Patients’ preview session
A NEW multi-million pound development at Broomfield Hospital is opening its doors on Sunday for a public preview before patients start to move in later this month.
From 10am visitors will be able to follow a sign-posted route around the �148m Private Finance Initiative. The five-storey building is the largest development on the site since the hospital was opened in 1940.
The development boasts new A&E and maternity departments, 365 beds, five new day case operating theatres and additional areas that can be used for minor operations.
Chairman of the Mid Essex Hospital Services NHS Trust, Professor Sheila Salmon, said: “I would like to invite everyone from across mid Essex to take this chance to come and see the fantastic new facilities at the hospital. This development represents the largest investment in healthcare in mid Essex.
You may also want to watch:
“It is your hospital, please come and look round, I know you will be amazed.”
- 1 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 2 Dunmow businesses delighted to be back as lockdown eases
- 3 Takeley virtual consultation opens
- 4 Prince Philip death: Uttlesford service and Garden of Remembrance
- 5 Lionel the Giant Perch is 'the perfect addition'
- 6 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 7 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 8 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 9 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 10 Dunmow tributes to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh