Invitation for all to view new multi-million pound Broomfield Hospital wing
Patients’ preview session
A NEW multi-million pound development at Broomfield Hospital is opening its doors on Sunday for a public preview before patients start to move in later this month.
From 10am visitors will be able to follow a sign-posted route around the �148m Private Finance Initiative. The five-storey building is the largest development on the site since the hospital was opened in 1940.
The development boasts new A&E and maternity departments, 365 beds, five new day case operating theatres and additional areas that can be used for minor operations.
Chairman of the Mid Essex Hospital Services NHS Trust, Professor Sheila Salmon, said: “I would like to invite everyone from across mid Essex to take this chance to come and see the fantastic new facilities at the hospital. This development represents the largest investment in healthcare in mid Essex.
You may also want to watch:
“It is your hospital, please come and look round, I know you will be amazed.”
- 1 Council agrees to 'complicated' parking charges at Hylands Park
- 2 Rural ramblers efforts for Helen Rollason Cancer Charity
- 3 Universal Credit: Help is still out there, says Essex County Council
- 4 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
- 5 It's pumpkin picking season again at Cammas Hall Farm as Halloween approaches
- 6 Book exchange opens in Dunmow
- 7 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 8 Tributes paid to PC Tris Baker who died in Roxwell collision
- 9 Conservative MP David Amess dies after being stabbed in Essex constituency
- 10 Hylands Park's new parking charges will be lowered, says council