Invitation for all to view new multi-million pound Broomfield Hospital wing
Patients’ preview session
A NEW multi-million pound development at Broomfield Hospital is opening its doors on Sunday for a public preview before patients start to move in later this month.
From 10am visitors will be able to follow a sign-posted route around the �148m Private Finance Initiative. The five-storey building is the largest development on the site since the hospital was opened in 1940.
The development boasts new A&E and maternity departments, 365 beds, five new day case operating theatres and additional areas that can be used for minor operations.
Chairman of the Mid Essex Hospital Services NHS Trust, Professor Sheila Salmon, said: “I would like to invite everyone from across mid Essex to take this chance to come and see the fantastic new facilities at the hospital. This development represents the largest investment in healthcare in mid Essex.
You may also want to watch:
“It is your hospital, please come and look round, I know you will be amazed.”
- 1 Broomfield staff facing a 'battlefield scenario' in Covid fight
- 2 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 3 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 4 Try this at home: Chef Webb from MasterChef's latest recipe
- 5 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 6 Hot lunches to support more vulnerable in community
- 7 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 8 Swan Inn customers support the foodbank
- 9 Green infrastructure plan and carbon reduction activities for Essex
- 10 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council