Investigation opened following huge house blaze
AN investigation is under way following a blaze at a house in Takeley during this morning (Thursday, August 23).
Fire crews arrived at the house in Brewers End, around 3.15am, where they found the first floor and the roof completely alight.
No one is believed to have been inside the property at the time and nearby homes were evacuated as a precaution.
Two crews from Dunmow, two from Bishop’s Stortford and one from Stansted, Thaxted and Harlow worked through the night to tackle the fire.
Four main jets, two hose reel jets and one ariel ladder platform were used and the fire was eventually extinguished just before 7am.
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters are still at the scene and are expected to remain on site for several hours.
- 1 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 2 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 3 New Dunmow school approved but safety fears aired
- 4 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 5 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 6 More history made by Dunmow Taekwondo's talented students
- 7 'That's more like it' roars Takeley's John Hedges after comfortable win in pro fight number two
- 8 Woman taken to hospital after serious accident between Takeley and Dunmow
- 9 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation
- 10 Laptops and jewellery stolen during Dunmow burglary