Investigation opened following huge house blaze
AN investigation is under way following a blaze at a house in Takeley during this morning (Thursday, August 23).
Fire crews arrived at the house in Brewers End, around 3.15am, where they found the first floor and the roof completely alight.
No one is believed to have been inside the property at the time and nearby homes were evacuated as a precaution.
Two crews from Dunmow, two from Bishop’s Stortford and one from Stansted, Thaxted and Harlow worked through the night to tackle the fire.
Four main jets, two hose reel jets and one ariel ladder platform were used and the fire was eventually extinguished just before 7am.
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters are still at the scene and are expected to remain on site for several hours.
- 1 Katie Price's alleged attacker re-bailed into November, police confirm
- 2 Fond farewell to Sweetland's butchers after 69 years in the trade
- 3 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 4 Wethersfield to house nearly 3,500 prisoners in government plan
- 5 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
- 6 Scouts jamboree fun covers radio skills to Morse Code
- 7 Emergency funding for Essex care homes amid 'acute' staff shortages
- 8 Full house success: Great Dunmow's Last Night of the Proms
- 9 Hylands Park's new parking charges will be lowered, says council
- 10 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport