International Fun Day for Flitch Green Academy
THE Flitch Green Academy is set to benefit from cash generously donated by the public who attended an International Fun Day.
With the backing of local businesses and residents who donated, the organisers are confident the amount raised will exceed last year’s total.
Fresh off last weekend’s racing, audiences were also lucky to see Team Gridlock showcase their dragster.
The team were there and answered questions about the car and drag racing and gave out goodie bags. The team fired the engine so visitors could experience the sounds of the dragster.
“Unfortunately we could not do anything major and only revved the car to about 5,000rpm which is just 1,500rpm over the launch revs, but did leave a couple of thick black lines on the playground which seemed to excite many of the watching children” said Dexter Price.
Organiser and PR for the Friends of the Flitch Academy, Jenny Collom, said: “We would like to say a big thank you to James & Co who sponsored the barbecue, Right Build who donated towards the bar and all who donated for the raffle.
“A very special thank you to Josephs of Felsted, Tesco’s of Dunmow and Notley, Pride of Sylhet and the Curiosity Shop of Great Dunmow.”
- 1 Creamfields South 2023 festival dates announced for Hylands Park
- 2 Town's annual meeting: Dr's Pond, RideLondon, parking issues
- 3 Prime Minister's honour for Dunmow duo
- 4 What I Learnt From My Grandmother in photographs and banners
- 5 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 6 Pictures: The Great Dunmow Summer Solstice Sundown Festival
- 7 School activities and sports in pictures
- 8 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 9 Suspense thriller is author's fourth novel
- 10 Clarke's batting masterclass inspires Aythorpe Roding to big win
All the money raised will be spent purchasing equipment for the academy.