International Fun Day for Flitch Green Academy
THE Flitch Green Academy is set to benefit from cash generously donated by the public who attended an International Fun Day.
With the backing of local businesses and residents who donated, the organisers are confident the amount raised will exceed last year’s total.
Fresh off last weekend’s racing, audiences were also lucky to see Team Gridlock showcase their dragster.
The team were there and answered questions about the car and drag racing and gave out goodie bags. The team fired the engine so visitors could experience the sounds of the dragster.
“Unfortunately we could not do anything major and only revved the car to about 5,000rpm which is just 1,500rpm over the launch revs, but did leave a couple of thick black lines on the playground which seemed to excite many of the watching children” said Dexter Price.
You may also want to watch:
Organiser and PR for the Friends of the Flitch Academy, Jenny Collom, said: “We would like to say a big thank you to James & Co who sponsored the barbecue, Right Build who donated towards the bar and all who donated for the raffle.
“A very special thank you to Josephs of Felsted, Tesco’s of Dunmow and Notley, Pride of Sylhet and the Curiosity Shop of Great Dunmow.”
- 1 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 2 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 3 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 4 New Dunmow school approved but safety fears aired
- 5 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 6 More history made by Dunmow Taekwondo's talented students
- 7 'That's more like it' roars Takeley's John Hedges after comfortable win in pro fight number two
- 8 Woman taken to hospital after serious accident between Takeley and Dunmow
- 9 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation
- 10 Laptops and jewellery stolen during Dunmow burglary
All the money raised will be spent purchasing equipment for the academy.