International Fun Day for Flitch Green Academy
THE Flitch Green Academy is set to benefit from cash generously donated by the public who attended an International Fun Day.
With the backing of local businesses and residents who donated, the organisers are confident the amount raised will exceed last year’s total.
Fresh off last weekend’s racing, audiences were also lucky to see Team Gridlock showcase their dragster.
The team were there and answered questions about the car and drag racing and gave out goodie bags. The team fired the engine so visitors could experience the sounds of the dragster.
“Unfortunately we could not do anything major and only revved the car to about 5,000rpm which is just 1,500rpm over the launch revs, but did leave a couple of thick black lines on the playground which seemed to excite many of the watching children” said Dexter Price.
Organiser and PR for the Friends of the Flitch Academy, Jenny Collom, said: “We would like to say a big thank you to James & Co who sponsored the barbecue, Right Build who donated towards the bar and all who donated for the raffle.
“A very special thank you to Josephs of Felsted, Tesco’s of Dunmow and Notley, Pride of Sylhet and the Curiosity Shop of Great Dunmow.”
- 1 Great Dunmow man jailed for 14 years
- 2 Assault in Dunmow's Tesco car park
- 3 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 4 Penalty save and late winner moves High Easter up the table
- 5 Court imposes five year ban on shoplifter
- 6 Fight breaks out near Great Notley as man reportedly seen with a gun
- 7 Great Dunmow Town Council will be asked to declare 'climate emergency'
- 8 East of England Tourism Awards 2021-2022: Meet the New Tourism Business of the Year finalists
- 9 In pictures: the cute animals in January's Pets' Corner
- 10 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?
All the money raised will be spent purchasing equipment for the academy.