International Fun Day for Flitch Green Academy
THE Flitch Green Academy is set to benefit from cash generously donated by the public who attended an International Fun Day.
With the backing of local businesses and residents who donated, the organisers are confident the amount raised will exceed last year’s total.
Fresh off last weekend’s racing, audiences were also lucky to see Team Gridlock showcase their dragster.
The team were there and answered questions about the car and drag racing and gave out goodie bags. The team fired the engine so visitors could experience the sounds of the dragster.
“Unfortunately we could not do anything major and only revved the car to about 5,000rpm which is just 1,500rpm over the launch revs, but did leave a couple of thick black lines on the playground which seemed to excite many of the watching children” said Dexter Price.
You may also want to watch:
Organiser and PR for the Friends of the Flitch Academy, Jenny Collom, said: “We would like to say a big thank you to James & Co who sponsored the barbecue, Right Build who donated towards the bar and all who donated for the raffle.
“A very special thank you to Josephs of Felsted, Tesco’s of Dunmow and Notley, Pride of Sylhet and the Curiosity Shop of Great Dunmow.”
- 1 School thanks 'Super Trouper' Carol
- 2 WATCH: Thaxted Morris Men dance together again
- 3 Gold filling 'worth about £50' found in Tesco granola squares pack
- 4 More than 200 people join the search for missing A120 cat, Daisy
- 5 School class in Dunmow wins national award
- 6 Incredible undefeated season at first time of asking for Dunmow Rovers U7 Tigers
- 7 Garden restoration project joy after public appeal help
- 8 Essex's Ben Maher takes Tokyo 2020 gold
- 9 In pictures: Post box knitting celebrates Tokyo 2020 Olympics and Tom Daley
- 10 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader
All the money raised will be spent purchasing equipment for the academy.