International feel to Mozart
PERFORMERS from all over the world will be playing at a concert in Hadstock to mark Mozart s 250th birthday. Following the successful recital in St Botolph s Church on December 7, a second evening of music at the venue has been lined up, with renowned mus
PERFORMERS from all over the world will be playing at a concert in Hadstock to mark Mozart's 250th birthday.
Following the successful recital in St Botolph's Church on December 7, a second evening of music at the venue has been lined up, with renowned musicians coming from as far afield as Australia.
Music by Mozart on Thursday January 26, will feature some of the composer's works, such as Fantasie in C Minor and Adagio in E, being played by acclaimed performers from Bulgaria, Canada, Germany, Holland, Iceland, Australia and the UK.
Talented young violinist, Rachel Harder, who is a student at Saffron Walden County High School, will also be playing.
You may also want to watch:
The event was organised by the Friends of St Botolph's and the Guildhall School of Music and Drama.
It is likely that there will be a number of other concerts organised for 2006, to take advantage of the fine acoustics of St Botolph's Church.
- 1 A12 upgrade: 'The people who live here are not being considered'
- 2 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 3 Hatfield Heath air disaster memorial 'a symbol of UK-US unity'
- 4 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 5 Helena Romanes homes plan 'harmful urbanisation' says council
- 6 Moth night celebrates Dunmow's autumn biodiversity
- 7 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 8 Saffron Walden actress Tamara Lee Smart to star as Marilyn Monroe for one night in rehearsed play reading
- 9 Cash boost for plan to plant 350,000 trees in Essex
- 10 Thaxted Gardening and Craft Show winners revealed
Tickets for the event cost £8. Concessions will be charged £5 and a family ticket can be bought for £15.
They can be purchased in advance from Saffron Walden Tourist Office or on the door on the evening.