International feel to Mozart
PERFORMERS from all over the world will be playing at a concert in Hadstock to mark Mozart s 250th birthday. Following the successful recital in St Botolph s Church on December 7, a second evening of music at the venue has been lined up, with renowned mus
PERFORMERS from all over the world will be playing at a concert in Hadstock to mark Mozart's 250th birthday.
Following the successful recital in St Botolph's Church on December 7, a second evening of music at the venue has been lined up, with renowned musicians coming from as far afield as Australia.
Music by Mozart on Thursday January 26, will feature some of the composer's works, such as Fantasie in C Minor and Adagio in E, being played by acclaimed performers from Bulgaria, Canada, Germany, Holland, Iceland, Australia and the UK.
Talented young violinist, Rachel Harder, who is a student at Saffron Walden County High School, will also be playing.
You may also want to watch:
The event was organised by the Friends of St Botolph's and the Guildhall School of Music and Drama.
It is likely that there will be a number of other concerts organised for 2006, to take advantage of the fine acoustics of St Botolph's Church.
- 1 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 2 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 3 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 4 New Dunmow school approved but safety fears aired
- 5 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 6 More history made by Dunmow Taekwondo's talented students
- 7 'That's more like it' roars Takeley's John Hedges after comfortable win in pro fight number two
- 8 Woman taken to hospital after serious accident between Takeley and Dunmow
- 9 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation
- 10 Online Young Musician competition launched by Dunmow Rotarians
Tickets for the event cost £8. Concessions will be charged £5 and a family ticket can be bought for £15.
They can be purchased in advance from Saffron Walden Tourist Office or on the door on the evening.