Inspirational community groups in Braintree receive more than £125,000 of funding
- Credit: Archant
Community groups have benefitted from more than £125,000 of award money thanks to a scheme set up to inspire local people.
The funding was handed out by the Braintree District Council’s Mi Community programme. Its purpose is to encourage people to identify the issues that affect their area and then enable them, with financial investment and professional support, to turn their ideas into reality.
Applicants were invited to put forward their proposals with ideas on how to support community projects and transform key local facilities.
In this round nine winning projects received a combined total of more than £125,000 in funding. Successful applicants included the Halstead Cricket Club, 1st Silver End Scout Group, and Mid Essex Mind.
Cllr Gabrielle Spray, chair of the Mi Community Working Group, said: “In the years since it began, the Mi Community programme has backed some really exciting and admirable projects.
“It’s encouraging to see so many people take an interest in improving their local areas, and as always I would like to commend everyone who submitted a proposal, and to congratulate the successful applicants. They are at the heart of their communities and I can’t wait to see their projects take shape.”
The process for allocating the next round of Mi Community funding will begin in September. Those groups applying for financial support will need to demonstrate fresh thinking and innovation that will have a tangible benefit to community life.
- 1 Calvin Harris, David Guetta and Fatboy Slim announced for Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up
- 2 Katie Price alleged assault: Suspect 'released under investigation'
- 3 Dunmow Town Team announces 2021 Christmas market
- 4 Man in hospital after Chelmsford Road collision
- 5 'Massive' headliners set to be announced for Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up
- 6 Christmas festivities kick off in Great Dunmow
- 7 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 8 Dunmow Special and Braintree PCSO among award winners
- 9 There With You This Winter: New scheme for insulation improvements
- 10 Police arrest nearly 100 M11 and M25 environmental protestors