Inquest opened as Great Saling murder investigation continues
- Credit: Archant
A woman who died at her Great Saling home was found with stab wounds to her chest, an inquest heard.
Police were called to an address in The Street on August 19 and found Linda Vilika, 41, unconscious with stab wounds. She died at the scene.
At the opening of the inquest into her death this morning (September 9) in Chelmsford, coroner's officer Lynsey Chaffe said a post-mortem took place at Broomfield Hospital, carried out by Dr Fitzpatrick Swallow, and gave the provisional cause of death as 'consistent with stab wounds to the chest'.
The coroner said neuropathy and toxicology tests were pending.
On August 23, Wilfred Jacob, 42, of The Street, in Great Saling, was charged with the murder of Ms Vilika.
You may also want to watch:
Although Jacob has not entered a plea, a provisional trial date has been set for March 16, due to take place at Chelmsford Crown Court.
Ms Chaffe confirmed that a police investigation is on-going.
- 1 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 2 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 3 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 4 Braintree council installs further electric vehicle charging points
- 5 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 7 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
- 8 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 9 Coronavirus rates in Essex are doubling every 10 days
- 10 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash