Inner wheel raises over �1000 for charities
BUCKET LOADS of cash have been collected by a Dunmow ladies club which is dedicated to helping charities.
The Inner Wheel Group of Dunmow have held two major events over the last few weeks and have raked in a total heading towards the �1500 mark.
In July, a garden tea party in aid of Marie Curie Cancer Care raised �1089, and on August 7 the ladies took �330 via a bucket collection at Tesco.
Club president Olga Burrell said: “We held the Tesco collection for our two main charities for this year, Parkinson’s disease and Children with Leukaemia.
“We would like to thank all the kind shoppers and staff who helped us to raise the money and thank everyone for their generosity.”
You may also want to watch:
BEEN collecting for charity? Tell us about it. E-mail email@example.com or call 01799 512882.
- 1 Court sentence for Dunmow knife attacker, guilty of attempted murder
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 Council agrees to 'complicated' parking charges at Hylands Park
- 4 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 5 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 6 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
- 7 Book exchange opens in Dunmow
- 8 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 9 Festival poised for Holst's 150th birthday celebrations in 2024
- 10 It's pumpkin picking season again at Cammas Hall Farm as Halloween approaches