Inner wheel raises over �1000 for charities
BUCKET LOADS of cash have been collected by a Dunmow ladies club which is dedicated to helping charities.
The Inner Wheel Group of Dunmow have held two major events over the last few weeks and have raked in a total heading towards the �1500 mark.
In July, a garden tea party in aid of Marie Curie Cancer Care raised �1089, and on August 7 the ladies took �330 via a bucket collection at Tesco.
Club president Olga Burrell said: “We held the Tesco collection for our two main charities for this year, Parkinson’s disease and Children with Leukaemia.
“We would like to thank all the kind shoppers and staff who helped us to raise the money and thank everyone for their generosity.”
You may also want to watch:
BEEN collecting for charity? Tell us about it. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01799 512882.
- 1 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 2 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 3 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 4 Braintree council installs further electric vehicle charging points
- 5 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 7 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 8 Dunmow mayor sets out summer programme set to unite community
- 9 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 10 Coronavirus rates in Essex are doubling every 10 days