Inner wheel raises over �1000 for charities
BUCKET LOADS of cash have been collected by a Dunmow ladies club which is dedicated to helping charities.
The Inner Wheel Group of Dunmow have held two major events over the last few weeks and have raked in a total heading towards the �1500 mark.
In July, a garden tea party in aid of Marie Curie Cancer Care raised �1089, and on August 7 the ladies took �330 via a bucket collection at Tesco.
Club president Olga Burrell said: “We held the Tesco collection for our two main charities for this year, Parkinson’s disease and Children with Leukaemia.
“We would like to thank all the kind shoppers and staff who helped us to raise the money and thank everyone for their generosity.”
You may also want to watch:
BEEN collecting for charity? Tell us about it. E-mail email@example.com or call 01799 512882.
- 1 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 2 Dunmow Cricket Club announces new sponsor
- 3 Garden of remembrance opens, part funded by Captain Sir Tom Moore fund
- 4 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 5 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
- 6 Dunmow sign writer's traditional skills are a hit
- 7 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 8 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 9 Numbers seeking support double - can you help Uttlesford foodbank?
- 10 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan