In search of Santa...
CHILDREN from Saffron Walden, Bishop s Stortford and Harlow jetted off from Stansted Airport for a flight of fantasy in search of Santa Claus on Saturday. More than 100 children, some of them with special needs, set off on a 30-minute flight in the hope o
CHILDREN from Saffron Walden, Bishop's Stortford and Harlow jetted off from Stansted Airport for a flight of fantasy in search of Santa Claus on Saturday.
More than 100 children, some of them with special needs, set off on a 30-minute flight in the hope of meeting Santa.
The youngsters were joined by elves on the Air Berlin flight, which soared across London.
BAA's community manager Valda Edmunds, who set up the flight, said: "An airline at Stansted used to do a similar trip a few years ago involving children from across the UK and I decided to resurrect the flight for children local to Stansted.
"Activities began at the boarding gate, where a juggler entertained the excited youngsters.
"On board, a smiling crew led the children in Christmas carols and when Santa appeared with a sack full of presents the cabin erupted with cheers and screams.
- 1 Plans unveiled for 22 new Hatfield Broad Oak homes
- 2 Plan to ease congestion at M11 junction 8 gets underway
- 3 Braintree burglary sparks Essex Police appeal
- 4 Dunmow St Mary's pupils scoop 14 medals in school sport series
- 5 Uttlesford District Council row over £4m 'black hole'
- 6 Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up announced for Hylands Park
- 7 Environmental action: Dunmow boutique Wardrobe holding eco-swap
- 8 Great Dunmow man jailed for 14 years
- 9 Care home visitor limits to be lifted next week
- 10 Firefighters rescue curious cat from Great Notley drainpipe
"I'd like to extend a big thank-you to the 30 companies who donated various items to make the trip so special.