In search of Santa...
CHILDREN from Saffron Walden, Bishop s Stortford and Harlow jetted off from Stansted Airport for a flight of fantasy in search of Santa Claus on Saturday. More than 100 children, some of them with special needs, set off on a 30-minute flight in the hope o
CHILDREN from Saffron Walden, Bishop's Stortford and Harlow jetted off from Stansted Airport for a flight of fantasy in search of Santa Claus on Saturday.
More than 100 children, some of them with special needs, set off on a 30-minute flight in the hope of meeting Santa.
The youngsters were joined by elves on the Air Berlin flight, which soared across London.
BAA's community manager Valda Edmunds, who set up the flight, said: "An airline at Stansted used to do a similar trip a few years ago involving children from across the UK and I decided to resurrect the flight for children local to Stansted.
You may also want to watch:
"Activities began at the boarding gate, where a juggler entertained the excited youngsters.
"On board, a smiling crew led the children in Christmas carols and when Santa appeared with a sack full of presents the cabin erupted with cheers and screams.
- 1 Holidaymakers fly abroad again out of Stansted Airport
- 2 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 3 Broomfield nurse still struggling with Covid-19 after effects
- 4 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 5 Hoarding can cause higher risk of fire, says emergency service
- 6 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 7 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 8 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 9 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 10 New cycle network consultation announced
"I'd like to extend a big thank-you to the 30 companies who donated various items to make the trip so special.