Hundreds of Thaxted homes left without power after pylon cable catches fire
- Credit: Archant
More than 280 properties in Thaxted were left without power last Friday (June 2) after a pylon cable caught fire.
Fire crews were called at 11.53am to Bardfield Road, but on arrival found the fire was already out.
A spokeswoman for Essex County Fire and Rescue Service said crews made sure the area was safe before leaving at 12.50pm and waiting for UK Power Network to attend.
Engineers then worked to restore power to 287 properties after the electrical fault.
A spokesman said: “The majority of customers had their power restored in stages by 2.30pm, with the final 24 properties back on supply at 6.15pm.
You may also want to watch:
“We understand how difficult it is to be without power and apologise for any inconvenience caused.”
- 1 New Hylands Estate parking charges explained
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 Valentine's Flitch Ball to take place this February
- 4 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 5 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 School receives copies of Grandad's Lost His Glasses
- 8 New solar farm policy 'ducks the main issues', say campaigners
- 9 Katie Price's alleged attacker re-bailed into November, police confirm
- 10 Fond farewell to Sweetland's butchers after 69 years in the trade