How to make a perfect pancake on Shrove Tuesday
It is Pancake Day today – so here is our guide to making the perfect tasty treat this Shrove Tuesday. For the pancake mixture:110g/4oz plain flour, siftedpinch of salt2 eggs200ml/7fl oz milk mixed with 75ml/3fl oz water50g/2oz butter
It is Pancake Day today - so here is our guide to making the perfect tasty treat this Shrove Tuesday.
For the pancake mixture:
110g/4oz plain flour, sifted
pinch of salt
You may also want to watch:
200ml/7fl oz milk mixed with 75ml/3fl oz water
- 1 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 2 Former POW camp on council heritage list
- 3 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 4 Grandmother rescued from muddy field in Little Bardfield
- 5 Trees are planted in Great Bardfield
- 6 Covid jabs have started at Broomfield Hospital's Vaccination Hub
- 7 Round Table supports mayor's charity fund
- 8 Stansted teachers offered lockdown yoga
- 9 MasterChef winner Chef Webb's lockdown recipe
- 10 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
Mix the flour and salt in a mixing bowl.
Make a well in the centre of the flour and break the eggs into it.
Add small amounts of milk and water - mixing as you go.
Once you have a smooth batter heat a pan until it is really hot.
Do a 'test' pancake to see how much batter is needed.
As soon as the batter hits the pan spread it out to make perfect pancakes.
After 30 seconds and the pancakes turn gold it is time to flip.
Another few seconds in the pan and it should be ready.
Put on a plate and add toppings (lemon and sugar is great, or for a savoury option maybe cheese and bacon).