How to make a perfect pancake on Shrove Tuesday
It is Pancake Day today – so here is our guide to making the perfect tasty treat this Shrove Tuesday. For the pancake mixture:110g/4oz plain flour, siftedpinch of salt2 eggs200ml/7fl oz milk mixed with 75ml/3fl oz water50g/2oz butter
It is Pancake Day today - so here is our guide to making the perfect tasty treat this Shrove Tuesday.
For the pancake mixture:
110g/4oz plain flour, sifted
pinch of salt
You may also want to watch:
200ml/7fl oz milk mixed with 75ml/3fl oz water
- 1 Cows rescued after A120 collision
- 2 In pictures: Fun at the 2021 Great Dunmow Teddy Bears' picnic
- 3 In pictures: Post box knitting celebrates Tokyo 2020 Olympics and Tom Daley
- 4 Jobs boost for community as Dunmow's Caremark sees demand surge
- 5 Disabled resident compensated after Uttlesford council 'fault'
- 6 Stansted Airport's summer getaway flight figures
- 7 Former Tring Athletic boss Kevin Christou named as new manager at Dunmow Town
- 8 Thieves swap elderly hospital patient’s ‘precious’ rings with tin bands
- 9 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 10 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
Mix the flour and salt in a mixing bowl.
Make a well in the centre of the flour and break the eggs into it.
Add small amounts of milk and water - mixing as you go.
Once you have a smooth batter heat a pan until it is really hot.
Do a 'test' pancake to see how much batter is needed.
As soon as the batter hits the pan spread it out to make perfect pancakes.
After 30 seconds and the pancakes turn gold it is time to flip.
Another few seconds in the pan and it should be ready.
Put on a plate and add toppings (lemon and sugar is great, or for a savoury option maybe cheese and bacon).