How refreshing! Felsted pupils make it to finals of Coca Cola business challenge
- Credit: Archant
Four Year 10 pupils have won through to the final of the Coca Cola Real Business Challenge.
Tom Blanc, Will Barker, Alex Manson & Harry Raffan, of Felsted School, took park in the East Anglia Regional finals for the Coca Cola Real Business Challenge competition at the OPEN in Norwich earlier this month.
The challenge for the day was to put together a campaign to raise awareness and money for the Special Olympics taking place in Los Angeles in July.
Students were required to submit a social media plan, design an app, design a bus shelter poster and put together a power point presentation.
Deadlines were tight, requiring working through lunch – designed by the organisers to be good preparation for the world of work.
You may also want to watch:
Joy McArdle, director of enterprise at Felsted, said: “With tough competition of eight other teams, the boys presented their ideas extremely well.
“The judges were particularly impressed with their campaign idea, which could be rolled out nationally, as well as having the local element, the clarity of their presentation, delivering their ideas without the use of notes and also their finishing boy band move!”
- 1 New Hylands Estate parking charges explained
- 2 School receives copies of Grandad's Lost His Glasses
- 3 Katie Price's alleged attacker re-bailed into November, police confirm
- 4 One arrest after harassment complaints in Halstead
- 5 Scouts jamboree fun covers radio skills to Morse Code
- 6 Covid booster vaccinations scheme is rolling out at pace
- 7 Fond farewell to Sweetland's butchers after 69 years in the trade
- 8 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 9 Wethersfield to house nearly 3,500 prisoners in government plan
- 10 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
The final takes place in London on March 17-18, with an all-expenses paid overnight stay, including a dinner and show, courtesy of Coca-Cola Enterprises.
Felsted students will be battling it out against 10 other regional winners at a venue within parliament. All four boys are members of the Roberts Society at Felsted, an academic enrichment club designed to stretch the most able.