What house prices in Uttlesford are doing
- Credit: Andra Maciuca
Uttlesford’s property prices have climbed by 7.6 percent over the last year.
But data from the Office for National Statistics also suggests there has been a 0.1 percent decrease since February.
The ONS data also suggests Uttlesford is in the top 13 percent of local authorities for its property prices to earnings ratio.
It ranks 41st out of 335 in England, with an average house price of around £418,226 as per January 2021.
By comparison, Cambridge property prices increased by 1.7 percent year on year, and decreased by 1.6 percent month on month.
You may also want to watch:
The area ranks 45th and has an average house price of approximately £437,052.
South Cambridgeshire had a 4.7 percent increase over the last 12 months, and a 4.2 percent increase over the last month.
- 1 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 2 Prince Philip death: Uttlesford service and Garden of Remembrance
- 3 Dunmow businesses delighted to be back as lockdown eases
- 4 Dunmow tributes to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 5 Revealed: Essex hospital treatment waiting time data
- 6 Lionel the Giant Perch is 'the perfect addition'
- 7 Takeley virtual consultation opens
- 8 Ram-raid gang member absconds from Suffolk jail
- 9 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 10 Great Easton pub sells at auction
It ranks 98th, with an average price of around £401,579.
In England, there has been an overall 7.5 percent increase compared to last year but in the last month, a decrease of 0.6 percent. The average house price nationally is £266,532.