Uttlesford homes hold themed days and a contest
- Credit: Care UK
Residents in Uttlesford care homes have been enjoying themed activities.
At Mountfitchet House in Stansted, the fun has been centered around Grease the Musical.
Team members and residents decorated the home with balloons and rock ‘n’ roll wall hangings, donned their pink jackets and wigs, and dug out their inflatable guitars for an afternoon of singing and dancing to hits from the film.
They watched the film in the home’s cinema room, then had a 1950's diner experience, with hot dogs and milkshakes.
Mary, 93, said: “I can’t believe I’ve got to the age of 93 without watching Grease! I thoroughly enjoyed it and loved the singing and dancing.
"When I was younger, in the 1950s, I loved dancing and would go out six, sometimes seven times a week.”
- 1 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 2 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 3 Home county tenant exodus drives up London rents
- 4 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 5 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 6 High Easter hit magnificent seven after second-half goal blitz
- 7 From meat in supermarkets to beer in pubs - what is getting more expensive?
- 8 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 9 Queen, Alicia Keys and Diana Ross to star in BBC's Platinum Jubilee Party
- 10 High Roding continue excellent start, as Aythorpe, Dunmow suffer defeats
Joanna Duke, Home Manager, said: “We were all well overdue a party and an afternoon of having a good giggle together.”
Redbond Lodge, Great Dunmow
At Redbond Lodge in Great Dunmow, this month's theme is the environment, with a focus on how people can help to look after the world around them.
The parent organisation Runwood Homes has also launched an environmental poetry competition.
Residents, staff teams and relatives are being encouraged to take part, and write about what the environment means to them, by April 5.
The top entries will be published on the company’s social media pages and website and the winner will receive a planting and growing kit worth £100 for their home.