Two special visitors for care home residents
- Credit: Care UK
Residents of a Stansted care home were thrilled when Annie and Miller came to visit.
No ordinary 'neigh-bours', the two horses trotted into the garden of Care UK's Mountfitchet House on Coltsfield, and spent time with residents.
The visit was organised by Home Manager Jane Maxwell.
Jane said: "We have so many animal lovers here at Mountfitchet House, and several residents who used to ride horses themselves, which is why we knew the visit would put a smile on everyone’s faces.
“Animal therapy can be incredibly beneficial for older people, especially those living with dementia, as it can reduce stress, encourage social interaction, and provide an opportunity to relive happy memories and the associated emotions.
You may also want to watch:
"I’d like to say a huge thank you to Sharon for bringing Annie and Miller, Essex Horse Transport and The Tackroom for helping to make such a wonderful day happen.”
- 1 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 2 A12 upgrade: 'The people who live here are not being considered'
- 3 Helena Romanes homes plan 'harmful urbanisation' says council
- 4 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 5 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 6 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 7 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 8 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 9 'Not now, Bernard' - Children's concert to open Saffron Walden Symphony Orchestra's new season
- 10 Essex initiative to support children in hospital reaches milestone