Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- Credit: Supplied by The House Group
An Uttlesford bar chain has broken its £1,000 target in a lockdown charity challenge.
Staff at The House Group - which runs The Market House in Saffron Walden, The Flitch House in Great Dunmow, and The Cork House in Stansted - are running the length of Great Britain's coastline 'from home' to raise money for mental health charity Mind.
Participants aim to hit 7,723 miles in 100 days, ending on April 28.
House Group founder Andy Coleman said: "In lockdown, we found that mental health was a big concern.
"We were feeling battered and the staff were sitting at home without much to do."
You may also want to watch:
Instead, Andy said staff set themselves the challenge to raise £1,000 for a charity "close to their hearts".
The charity, Mind, gives advice to those facing mental health crises and lobbies the government and local authorities on their behalf.
They are raising money through JustGiving online: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/the-house-group
- 1 District councillor resigns from R4U
- 2 Holidaymakers fly abroad again out of Stansted Airport
- 3 Japan-inspired album launched from a fantasy home in Dunmow
- 4 Exhibition encourages visitors to touch the sculptures
- 5 Hoarding can cause higher risk of fire, says emergency service
- 6 Vaccine does work against Indian variant, says health secretary
- 7 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 8 Film review: Oscar-winning Nomadland is a 'beautifully realised and affecting drama'
- 9 Broomfield nurse still struggling with Covid-19 after effects
- 10 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome