Hospice is on course
Funeral Directors Daniel Robinson & Sons raised a staggering £11,150 at a golf day in aid of the Farleigh Hospice. The event, now in its third year, was held at Colne Valley Golf Club. Bill Goldby, manager of Daniel Robinson & Sons Dunmow office, said
Funeral Directors Daniel Robinson & Sons raised a staggering £11,150 at a golf day in aid of the Farleigh Hospice.
The event, now in its third year, was held at Colne Valley Golf Club.
Bill Goldby, manager of Daniel Robinson & Sons' Dunmow office, said: "The event was well supported by 27 teams and we would like to thank Tom and Jennifer Smith for allowing us to use Colne Valley.
"We would also like to thank the local businesses that supported us through sponsorship and donation of prizes, and also, most especially, the players. The prizes were presented by David Frost, chairman of Farleigh Hospice and David Finch, chairman of Braintree District Council."
You may also want to watch:
Debbie de Boltz, fund-raising manager of the hospice said: "Once again, Daniel Robinson & Sons surpassed themselves.
"This is an important year for Farleigh. The new hospice is now built, but we are unable to open it to full capacity at the moment. With the support of companies like Daniel Robinson & Sons, Colne Valley and all the teams who participated in the Golf Day, we are closer to being able to offer our services to even more people across mid-Essex.
- 1 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 2 Dunmow Cricket Club announces new sponsor
- 3 Garden of remembrance opens, part funded by Captain Sir Tom Moore fund
- 4 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 5 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
- 6 Dunmow sign writer's traditional skills are a hit
- 7 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 8 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 9 Numbers seeking support double - can you help Uttlesford foodbank?
- 10 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history