Homecoming gig for Great Dunmow funnyman
- Credit: Archant
Great Dunmow comic Garrie Grubb is hoping his next gig is a success... or he will have to pack up his bags and move away?
The funnyman will be performing at the newly-established Dunmow Comedy Club next week, but as it’s in his home town, the pressure is on.
Grubb told the Broadcast: “I hope people like it – otherwise I am going to have to leave Dunmow.
“But there is always a level of nerves anyway, doesn’t matter who is in the audience – I nearly died on stage in front of my whole family before. You just have to get on with it.”
Grubb is aiming to send the crowds into fits of giggles at the second Comedy Club event, alongside Otiz Cannellon and Adam Crow.
You may also want to watch:
The night has been set up by comedian Paddy Lennox and it is held at the Arts Centre, in Haslers Lane, on the second Friday of each month.
Grubb got involved after meeting Lennox at a gig in Basildon before Christmas and he booked him on the spot.
- 1 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 2 Dunmow businesses delighted to be back as lockdown eases
- 3 Takeley virtual consultation opens
- 4 Prince Philip death: Uttlesford service and Garden of Remembrance
- 5 Lionel the Giant Perch is 'the perfect addition'
- 6 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 7 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 8 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 9 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 10 Ram-raid gang member absconds from Suffolk jail
“I am really looking forward to it,” the 27-year-old said. “My comedy is quite deadpan and it is also quite unique. People seem to like it so I don’t really change it.
“I realised I was quite good at writing jokes so I started using them in my stand-up.”
Grubb will be at the Comedy Club on February 7 and the show will run from 8.30pm until 10.30pm.
Tickets cost £12.50 and it is an over 18s event.