Home-start Uttlesford's charity raffle prize is all sewn-up
SOME 144 friends and supporters of an Uttlesford charity helped create a stunning quilt which is to be raffled off. They each made a block for the Home-start Uttlesford Silver Jubilee Quilt, which was then put together by an enthusiastic group of quilters
SOME 144 friends and supporters of an Uttlesford charity helped create a stunning quilt which is to be raffled off.
They each made a block for the Home-start Uttlesford Silver Jubilee Quilt, which was then put together by an enthusiastic group of quilters and stitchers.
It is now hanging in the window of Janet Riley Fabrics, at 5 Market Walk, Saffron Walden and raffle tickets are selling well. Tickets are available from the shop and a draw will take place on Thursday November 26 at the Friends Christmas Lunch.
Measuring 6ft x 6ft, it is washable and would suit either a double or single bed.
You may also want to watch:
Home-start Uttlesford chairman of trustees, Helen Wood, said: "Please help us to raise �1000 in the charities silver jubilee year so that we can continue to support families and young children in Uttlesford who are isolated or lone parents who may be finding everyday life a challenge during this time of recession.
"We would like to thank Janet Riley's for promoting the event."
- 1 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 2 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 3 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 4 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 5 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 6 New cycle network consultation announced
- 7 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 8 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 9 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 10 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
Home-Start offers support to families with young children under the age of five in the community. Visit www.homestartuttlesford.org.uk to find out more about the charity and how you could become involved, or call 01799 520728 to speak to a member of staff.