High praise for school
A FELSTED school has been given an overall good rating by government inspectors. Independent run FKS Schools in Braintree Road was paid a visit by Ofsted in January. The school was graded outstanding in a number of areas, including its well-balanced
A FELSTED school has been given an overall 'good' rating by government inspectors.
Independent run FKS Schools in Braintree Road was paid a visit by Ofsted in January.
The school was graded 'outstanding' in a number of areas, including its well-balanced curriculum, provision for pupils' spiritual, moral, social and cultural development and the pupils' behaviour.
The quality of teaching and assessment throughout the whole school was rated as 'good' and lessons observed ranged from good to outstanding.
You may also want to watch:
The report stated that: "High expectations by teachers of pupils' work and behaviour, coupled with well-planned and organised lessons, ensure that pupils make at least good, and in some cases outstanding progress."
The inspectors also noted that the school's recently-developed assessment system provides useful information for teachers to evaluate and track pupils' progress, but pointed out that marking is not consistent in providing enough information for pupils to know how well they were doing.
- 1 Lionel the Giant Perch is 'the perfect addition'
- 2 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 3 Takeley virtual consultation opens
- 4 Dunmow tributes to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 5 Ram-raid gang member absconds from Suffolk jail
- 6 Lockdown easing: 'Shop abuse will not be tolerated'
- 7 They're record breakers! Self-test attracts worldwide support
- 8 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 9 Online Young Musician competition launched by Dunmow Rotarians
- 10 Doorbell crimes in Thaxted see one ‘ripped off’ before suspect flees
Headteacher Anne Woods was delighted with the report.
She said: "It is testament to everyone connected with the school - staff, pupils and parents.
"I now look forward to building on all the positives in the report, as well as continuing to develop other areas.