High flyer wins ambitious award
HIGH praise has been given to a Dunmow lady who has been voted Business Woman of the Year at the Oscars of the tourism industry last week. Carolyn Moxon, MD of Maxjet airline, was presented the SHINE Award by tourism Minister Shaun Woodward MP at a ceremo
HIGH praise has been given to a Dunmow lady who has been voted Business Woman of the Year at the Oscars of the tourism industry last week.
Carolyn Moxon, MD of Maxjet airline, was presented the SHINE Award by tourism Minister Shaun Woodward MP at a ceremony that was one of the highlights of National Tourism Week.
Mrs Moxon said: "I am very proud to be part of the Maxjet team that has established the airline as a major carrier across the Atlantic, with a growing number of passengers to a growing number of United States destinations.
"What better way to celebrate this success than in National Tourism Week as Maxjet continues to attract more leisure travellers."
Mark Pendlington, Stansted Airport's communications director, said: "This is a great moment for Carolyn, for Maxjet and for Stansted.
"I was delighted to be at the ceremony and to be among the first to congratulate her on this outstanding achievement.
- 1 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 2 A giant snail, sporting success and live music: school news
- 3 Hannah Mortier returns to boxing to raise awareness of the fight against domestic violence
- 4 Visit Great Yarmouth for a family staycation
- 5 How the proposed energy price cap changes could affect your bills
- 6 Life-saving kit that residents hope they will never use
- 7 Dunmow Velo: New group ride for beginners as RideLondon due
- 8 Musical theatre stars to bring the West End to Saffron Walden in celebration of Rodgers & Hammerstein
- 9 Man dies at the scene of A120 'incident'
- 10 Dunmow pilots airlift medical aid to help Ukraine
"This award recognises all that is best in a quality service, offered at an affordable price and that is increasingly popular with travellers.
"Carolyn takes centre stage as the tourism industry rewards her dedication and commitment in making Maxjet the success it is today. Everyone at Stansted is thrilled to bits!