High flyer wins ambitious award
HIGH praise has been given to a Dunmow lady who has been voted Business Woman of the Year at the Oscars of the tourism industry last week. Carolyn Moxon, MD of Maxjet airline, was presented the SHINE Award by tourism Minister Shaun Woodward MP at a ceremo
HIGH praise has been given to a Dunmow lady who has been voted Business Woman of the Year at the Oscars of the tourism industry last week.
Carolyn Moxon, MD of Maxjet airline, was presented the SHINE Award by tourism Minister Shaun Woodward MP at a ceremony that was one of the highlights of National Tourism Week.
Mrs Moxon said: "I am very proud to be part of the Maxjet team that has established the airline as a major carrier across the Atlantic, with a growing number of passengers to a growing number of United States destinations.
"What better way to celebrate this success than in National Tourism Week as Maxjet continues to attract more leisure travellers."
You may also want to watch:
Mark Pendlington, Stansted Airport's communications director, said: "This is a great moment for Carolyn, for Maxjet and for Stansted.
"I was delighted to be at the ceremony and to be among the first to congratulate her on this outstanding achievement.
- 1 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 2 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 5 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 6 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 7 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 8 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 9 Dunmow businesses delighted to be back as lockdown eases
- 10 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
"This award recognises all that is best in a quality service, offered at an affordable price and that is increasingly popular with travellers.
"Carolyn takes centre stage as the tourism industry rewards her dedication and commitment in making Maxjet the success it is today. Everyone at Stansted is thrilled to bits!