High flyer wins ambitious award
HIGH praise has been given to a Dunmow lady who has been voted Business Woman of the Year at the Oscars of the tourism industry last week. Carolyn Moxon, MD of Maxjet airline, was presented the SHINE Award by tourism Minister Shaun Woodward MP at a ceremo
HIGH praise has been given to a Dunmow lady who has been voted Business Woman of the Year at the Oscars of the tourism industry last week.
Carolyn Moxon, MD of Maxjet airline, was presented the SHINE Award by tourism Minister Shaun Woodward MP at a ceremony that was one of the highlights of National Tourism Week.
Mrs Moxon said: "I am very proud to be part of the Maxjet team that has established the airline as a major carrier across the Atlantic, with a growing number of passengers to a growing number of United States destinations.
"What better way to celebrate this success than in National Tourism Week as Maxjet continues to attract more leisure travellers."
You may also want to watch:
Mark Pendlington, Stansted Airport's communications director, said: "This is a great moment for Carolyn, for Maxjet and for Stansted.
"I was delighted to be at the ceremony and to be among the first to congratulate her on this outstanding achievement.
- 1 Garden restoration project joy after public appeal help
- 2 WATCH: Thaxted Morris Men dance together again
- 3 School thanks 'Super Trouper' Carol
- 4 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader
- 5 More than 200 people join the search for missing A120 cat, Daisy
- 6 In this week's paper: Dunmow Broadcast on Thursday August 5
- 7 Burglars break into Co-op store
- 8 School class in Dunmow wins national award
- 9 New intake of junior doctors at Broomfield Hospital
- 10 In pictures: Record numbers enter Stansted in Bloom
"This award recognises all that is best in a quality service, offered at an affordable price and that is increasingly popular with travellers.
"Carolyn takes centre stage as the tourism industry rewards her dedication and commitment in making Maxjet the success it is today. Everyone at Stansted is thrilled to bits!