Henry VIII brings history to life at Braintree primary school
- Credit: Archant
Historical figures were brought to life at Notley Green Primary School when pupils ditched their usual uniforms in favour of something a little more dated.
On Friday, children came to school dressed as Tudors, Victorians, Egyptians and Romans for their Living History Day.
Throughout the term each year group has been learning about a different era and to bring their subjects to an end they got to enjoy activities relevant to that time.
Parents were also invited to the school to see what their youngsters had been learning about.
Head of school Claire Russell said: “It has been a brilliant day. The children have really loved the experience and they really loved having their parents in school.
You may also want to watch:
“The parents got to see how their children learn. One parent even said they did not ‘realised history was so fun’ and that is really what we want to get across.”
- 1 Holidaymakers fly abroad again out of Stansted Airport
- 2 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 3 Broomfield nurse still struggling with Covid-19 after effects
- 4 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 5 Hoarding can cause higher risk of fire, says emergency service
- 6 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 7 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 8 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 9 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 10 New cycle network consultation announced