School’s technology department makes face shields
- Credit: Helena Romanes School
The technology department of The Helena Romanes School have been making face shields, which have been distributed to carers and health workers within the community.
They made just over 500, but further demand has resulted in continued production.
One of the school’s workshops was turned into a small production area.
The new last cutter allowed them to manufacture face shields quickly and efficiently.
Once assembled, Ceri Wilson delivered them to where they were needed.
You may also want to watch:
This incuded John Tasker House GP Surgery, Ropers Chemist, Yogi’s Chemist, Glendale Care Home in Felsted and Thaxted GP Surgery among a long list.
Outside of Dunmow, they were delivered to a wide range of places including Church Langley medical practice, PAH for the covid assessment area, PAH maternity ward and the ambulance bay at Rectory Lane in Harlow.
- 1 Lionel the Giant Perch is 'the perfect addition'
- 2 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 3 Takeley virtual consultation opens
- 4 Ram-raid gang member absconds from Suffolk jail
- 5 Dunmow tributes to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 6 Lockdown easing: 'Shop abuse will not be tolerated'
- 7 They're record breakers! Self-test attracts worldwide support
- 8 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 9 Doorbell crimes in Thaxted see one ‘ripped off’ before suspect flees
- 10 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
Mrs Evans-Barlow said: “I have to say that I am very proud of my colleagues and their efforts to assist key workers.”