Helena Romanes School
HELENA Romanes School maintained its high standards again this year, as A-level students once again proved they are top of the class. Students opening their results on Thursday morning were, on the whole, delighted as they achieved all the grades they wan
HELENA Romanes School maintained its high standards again this year, as A-level students once again proved they are top of the class.
Students opening their results on Thursday morning were, on the whole, delighted as they achieved all the grades they wanted after two years of some serious hard-work.
Top scorers at the school were Rachel Buckley, aged 18, from Felsted and Matthew Large, aged 18, from Dunmow, who both received a staggering four A grades each.
Rachel will now study geography at Durham University whilst Matthew takes a gap year. Students achieving three A grades also gained access to the university of their choice, Andrew McEwan, 17, from Braintree will study Law at Warwick University, whilst Greg Rodgers, 18, from Felsted will be off to Bath University to study natural sciences.
You may also want to watch:
Sixth Form Head Matthew Fletcher was very proud of all the students' efforts this year. "I am delighted with the achievements of both our AS and A level students this year," he said. "This is a great reflection of the hard work and dedication of the students and of course the sustained support of their teachers and families."
In total 97 per cent of students gained A-E grades and 65 per cent achieved A-C grades. The results maintained the overall standard for the past three years and were almost exactly in line with the UK average.
- 1 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 2 Holidaymakers fly abroad again out of Stansted Airport
- 3 Broomfield nurse still struggling with Covid-19 after effects
- 4 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 5 Hoarding can cause higher risk of fire, says emergency service
- 6 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 7 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 8 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 9 New cycle network consultation announced
- 10 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history