Helena Romanes pupils send Christmas gifts to care home
- Credit: Helena Romanes
Students at Helena Romanes School and Sixth Form Centre have sent Christmas presents to the residents of a Dunmow care home.
The Year 7 also wrote letters to those living at Croft House in Braintree Road, including festive greetings and a message about themselves.
Staff at the care home will distribute the gifts to residents.
Headteacher Daniel Gee said pupils wanted to bring some festive cheer to people that may have struggled during this year's pandemic.
He added: "Some of the residents may not have seen family and friends properly for many months and the students hope that their gifts will cheer them up."
You may also want to watch:
The initiative was led by Year 7 ambassadors who were chosen by their form tutors.
Part of the role of the ambassador is to compile a newsletter that is sent to all nearby primary schools every half term.
- 1 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 2 Helena Romanes homes plan 'harmful urbanisation' says council
- 3 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 4 Community trees and bulbs to help tackle climate change
- 5 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 6 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 7 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 8 Saffron Screen's new Sunday night film season is For All The Brave Women
- 9 New chemotherapy centre at Broomfield Hospital is 'fantastic'
- 10 Katie Price alleged assault: 32-year-old man re-bailed