New chemotherapy centre at Broomfield Hospital is 'fantastic'
- Credit: Mid and South Essex NHS Foundation Trust
A new chemotherapy treatment centre at Broomfield Hospital has been called “fantastic” during an MP's visit.
The £1.2 million project was designed with the help of patients, and has increased the capacity from 12 chairs to 16.
It has more space to maintain social distancing and patients’ privacy.
Staff now have improved facilities for training and rest, as well as space to work more easily alongside pharmacy services.
Vicky Ford, the MP for Chelmsford, was shown around the unit by Lisa Villiers, a Macmillan nurse consultant in chemotherapy, and the hospital’s managing director, Jane Farrell.
You may also want to watch:
She also saw the hospital’s wellbeing gardens which have been a relaxing outdoor space for staff during an extremely busy year at Mid and South Essex NHS Foundation Trust.
Vicky said: “It’s great to see the new chemotherapy unit up and running with an improved environment for its patients.
- 1 New Hylands Estate parking charges explained
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 Valentine's Flitch Ball to take place this February
- 4 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 5 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 School receives copies of Grandad's Lost His Glasses
- 8 New solar farm policy 'ducks the main issues', say campaigners
- 9 Katie Price's alleged attacker re-bailed into November, police confirm
- 10 One arrest after harassment complaints in Halstead
"I would like to thank all staff across the Trust who are continuing to work hard to deliver excellent care.”
Nicole Crouch, health and wellbeing lead, said: “I’m delighted that our wellbeing gardens have been such a hit with our patients and staff alike.
"After such a difficult time for the NHS it was good to show Mrs Ford all the work we’ve been doing to support the health and wellbeing of our brilliant staff.”