New chemotherapy centre at Broomfield Hospital is 'fantastic'
- Credit: Mid and South Essex NHS Foundation Trust
A new chemotherapy treatment centre at Broomfield Hospital has been called “fantastic” during an MP's visit.
The £1.2 million project was designed with the help of patients, and has increased the capacity from 12 chairs to 16.
It has more space to maintain social distancing and patients’ privacy.
Staff now have improved facilities for training and rest, as well as space to work more easily alongside pharmacy services.
Vicky Ford, the MP for Chelmsford, was shown around the unit by Lisa Villiers, a Macmillan nurse consultant in chemotherapy, and the hospital’s managing director, Jane Farrell.
She also saw the hospital’s wellbeing gardens which have been a relaxing outdoor space for staff during an extremely busy year at Mid and South Essex NHS Foundation Trust.
Vicky said: “It’s great to see the new chemotherapy unit up and running with an improved environment for its patients.
- 1 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 2 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 3 New speed check groups to start: Rayne duo share experiences
- 4 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 5 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 6 A giant snail, sporting success and other school news
- 7 Great Dunmow's Soapbox Race's thrills and spills in pictures
- 8 Dunmow pilots airlift medical aid to help Ukraine
- 9 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 10 Yarn spinning, bicycles and Spring lambs at Care Farm day
"I would like to thank all staff across the Trust who are continuing to work hard to deliver excellent care.”
Nicole Crouch, health and wellbeing lead, said: “I’m delighted that our wellbeing gardens have been such a hit with our patients and staff alike.
"After such a difficult time for the NHS it was good to show Mrs Ford all the work we’ve been doing to support the health and wellbeing of our brilliant staff.”