Felsted students use their summer to help others
- Credit: Felsted School
Felsted School pupils have been making a difference this summer, supporting the air ambulance.
Toby and Tegid, both 15, raised £2,763 for the Essex and Herts Air Ambulance.
Inspired by the Olympic Games, they collectively swam 600 lengths of the pool, ran 60km and cycled nearly 250km - the equivalent distance of travelling from Cardiff to Reading.
They were inspired by the ‘£500 pledge for the Blood on Board appeal’ but managed to raise over five times that goal.
Lucinda, nine, led a successful pop-up coffee and cake fundraiser over the summer while staying with family in Londonderry, and raised £630 for the Air Ambulance Northern Ireland.
She baked for three days, helped by family members including her sister Arabella, six, who is also a Felsted pupil.
You may also want to watch:
She also designed posters to advertise her event.
The charity invited the family to spend an afternoon with them and meet one of the paramedics and helicopter navigators.
- 1 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 2 Helena Romanes homes plan 'harmful urbanisation' says council
- 3 A12 upgrade: 'The people who live here are not being considered'
- 4 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 5 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 6 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 7 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 8 'Not now, Bernard' - Children's concert to open Saffron Walden Symphony Orchestra's new season
- 9 Essex initiative to support children in hospital reaches milestone
- 10 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish