Uttlesford, Braintree and Chelmsford part of Essex-wide decrease in Covid case rates
- Credit: PAUL STARR Photographer
Uttlesford, Braintree and Chelmsford have seen a continued decline in Covid case rates.
The latest Covid-19 data available shows a downwards trend in case rates across Essex.
The average county case rate per 100,000 has declined significantly, however, at just under 300 (295.4) it remains high. The numbers are as of January 28, the latest date for which weekly data is available.
In Uttlesford, case rates are no longer the lowest in Essex. Instead, Brentwood took over with a weekly case rate of 193.5, down from 331.2
Compared to a week before, there has been a drop in Uttlesford, from 314.3 to 208.1.
In Braintree, the fall was from 487.5 to 311.9, while in Chelmsford it was from 398 to 270.7
You may also want to watch:
The highest weekly case rates were in Harlow and Tendring, with rates of 370.8 and 392.2 per 100,000 respectively.
- 1 Picture gallery: Spot yourself at Finchingfield 2021 three-legged race
- 2 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 3 Reporter wins award for Uttlesford news articles
- 4 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 5 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 6 Award for off-duty police officer who saved a man's life
- 7 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 8 Be there for seasonal Apple and Bees Day at the Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 9 Felsted collision: Motorcyclist seriously injured
- 10 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle