Uttlesford, Braintree and Chelmsford part of Essex-wide decrease in Covid case rates
- Credit: PAUL STARR Photographer
Uttlesford, Braintree and Chelmsford have seen a continued decline in Covid case rates.
The latest Covid-19 data available shows a downwards trend in case rates across Essex.
The average county case rate per 100,000 has declined significantly, however, at just under 300 (295.4) it remains high. The numbers are as of January 28, the latest date for which weekly data is available.
In Uttlesford, case rates are no longer the lowest in Essex. Instead, Brentwood took over with a weekly case rate of 193.5, down from 331.2
Compared to a week before, there has been a drop in Uttlesford, from 314.3 to 208.1.
In Braintree, the fall was from 487.5 to 311.9, while in Chelmsford it was from 398 to 270.7
You may also want to watch:
The highest weekly case rates were in Harlow and Tendring, with rates of 370.8 and 392.2 per 100,000 respectively.
- 1 Plan for 30 Dunmow homes rejected by councillors
- 2 Parkrun is back - runners urged to maintain social distancing
- 3 Debut Dunmow festival set for sellout success
- 4 The number of Indian variant Covid cases in Uttlesford
- 5 Bronze Age and Roman treasures go on display at museum
- 6 Dunmow store transforms with new wedding and prom focus
- 7 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 8 Freedom Day has been delayed by up to four weeks
- 9 Two injured in Hatfield Broad Oak crash
- 10 Life change of direction for owners of new Felsted cafe