The benefits of the great outdoors
Explore Essex team
- Credit: Explore Essex
Great Notley Country Park can do much more for you than giving you some exercise. The Explore Essex team explains more.
With this being winter, the temptation to stay indoors and stay cosy is high.
But being in a park can improve both your physical and mental health. Studies show that you can improve your mental health by spending as little as 20 minutes in a park.
The park is home to Essex’s longest play trail, so it’s also great for those with children.
Exploring outdoor playgrounds can help increase imaginative play and improve communication skills, strengthen children’s muscles and co-ordination, while burning off excess energy.
It also provides quality time with nature. It allows you to disconnect from technology, gaming devices and can offer a much-needed change of scene.
And did you know it has won a Green Flag award?
- 1 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 2 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 3 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 4 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 5 High Easter claim Division Two title with win over Great Bradfords
- 6 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 7 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 8 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
- 9 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 10 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan
The park, car park, children’s play equipment and toilets remain open. Skylark Cafe continues to offer a takeaway service in line with government guidance. Visitors are asked to practice social distancing.
Plan your visit here: https://www.explore-essex.com/places-to-go/find-whats-near-me/great-notley-country-park
Government guidance may change. The latest Covid-19 guidance is here: https://www.explore-essex.com/covid-19-updates