The benefits of the great outdoors
Explore Essex team
- Credit: Explore Essex
Great Notley Country Park can do much more for you than giving you some exercise. The Explore Essex team explains more.
With this being winter, the temptation to stay indoors and stay cosy is high.
But being in a park can improve both your physical and mental health. Studies show that you can improve your mental health by spending as little as 20 minutes in a park.
The park is home to Essex’s longest play trail, so it’s also great for those with children.
Exploring outdoor playgrounds can help increase imaginative play and improve communication skills, strengthen children’s muscles and co-ordination, while burning off excess energy.
It also provides quality time with nature. It allows you to disconnect from technology, gaming devices and can offer a much-needed change of scene.
And did you know it has won a Green Flag award?
- 1 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 2 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 3 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 4 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 5 Braintree council installs further electric vehicle charging points
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 7 Dunmow mayor sets out summer programme set to unite community
- 8 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 9 This week's paper: Dunmow Broadcast on July 22, 2021
- 10 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
The park, car park, children’s play equipment and toilets remain open. Skylark Cafe continues to offer a takeaway service in line with government guidance. Visitors are asked to practice social distancing.
Plan your visit here: https://www.explore-essex.com/places-to-go/find-whats-near-me/great-notley-country-park
Government guidance may change. The latest Covid-19 guidance is here: https://www.explore-essex.com/covid-19-updates