Work placements for almost 200 ARU student nurses
- Credit: ARU / Mid and South Essex NHS Foundation Trust
Almost 200 student nurses have been welcomed at Mid and South Essex NHS Foundation Trust, ahead of work placements in March.
It’s one of the largest numbers of student nurses from Anglia Ruskin University. The new influx started their ARU studies in September.
Students will be based at Broomfield, Basildon and Southend hospitals and within the community.
Liz Summers, professional and commissioned education lead within the Mid and South Essex NHS Foundation Trust, said: “The increase in numbers is partly due to a national campaign to help encourage people to study to become a nurse, so it’s wonderful to see so many joining us this year.
“These students are training to be our nurses of the future, and at induction we reassure them we are here to support them throughout their studies and will be looking to recruit many of them in the final year of their degree.”
The students will work alongside dedicated nursing staff.
- 1 Calvin Harris, David Guetta and Fatboy Slim announced for Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up
- 2 Katie Price alleged assault: Suspect 'released under investigation'
- 3 Dunmow Town Team announces 2021 Christmas market
- 4 Man in hospital after Chelmsford Road collision
- 5 'Massive' headliners set to be announced for Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up
- 6 Christmas festivities kick off in Great Dunmow
- 7 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 8 Dunmow Special and Braintree PCSO among award winners
- 9 There With You This Winter: New scheme for insulation improvements
- 10 Police arrest nearly 100 M11 and M25 environmental protestors