Have you picked up your five a day?
ONE Week on, and Dunmow s litter day is being hailed as a big success. Councillors and Dunmow Society members now hope the town can take litter collection and prevention to a whole new stage. The Mayors presence at the litter day has done wonders to promo
ONE Week on, and Dunmow's litter day is being hailed as a big success. Councillors and Dunmow Society members now hope the town can take litter collection and prevention to a whole new stage.
The Mayors presence at the litter day has done wonders to promote keeping Dunmow tidy and organisers hope that the bandwagon will keep on rolling.
Dunmow Society chairman Mike Foster and treasurer Chris Kerridge are two of the men behind the big clean up and they want to raise the issue on the town's agenda by launching a campaign with the slogan "Have you picked up your five-a-day?". Look out for posters around town as the campaign gets into full swing.
Mr Kerridge said: "It would be great to change the culture of the town, so when we clean up it stays clean.
You may also want to watch:
"If we can encourage everyone to pick up five bits of litter a day it will be great.
- 1 Katie Price's alleged attacker re-bailed into November, police confirm
- 2 Fond farewell to Sweetland's butchers after 69 years in the trade
- 3 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 4 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
- 5 Wethersfield to house nearly 3,500 prisoners in government plan
- 6 Scouts jamboree fun covers radio skills to Morse Code
- 7 Emergency funding for Essex care homes amid 'acute' staff shortages
- 8 Full house success: Great Dunmow's Last Night of the Proms
- 9 Hylands Park's new parking charges will be lowered, says council
- 10 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport