Have you picked up your five a day?
ONE Week on, and Dunmow s litter day is being hailed as a big success. Councillors and Dunmow Society members now hope the town can take litter collection and prevention to a whole new stage. The Mayors presence at the litter day has done wonders to promo
ONE Week on, and Dunmow's litter day is being hailed as a big success. Councillors and Dunmow Society members now hope the town can take litter collection and prevention to a whole new stage.
The Mayors presence at the litter day has done wonders to promote keeping Dunmow tidy and organisers hope that the bandwagon will keep on rolling.
Dunmow Society chairman Mike Foster and treasurer Chris Kerridge are two of the men behind the big clean up and they want to raise the issue on the town's agenda by launching a campaign with the slogan "Have you picked up your five-a-day?". Look out for posters around town as the campaign gets into full swing.
Mr Kerridge said: "It would be great to change the culture of the town, so when we clean up it stays clean.
You may also want to watch:
"If we can encourage everyone to pick up five bits of litter a day it will be great.
- 1 Garden restoration project joy after public appeal help
- 2 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 3 Gold filling 'worth about £50' found in Tesco granola squares pack
- 4 Uttlesford residents help council map 'vital' green spaces
- 5 Ipswich man to face trial for Braintree car theft and Cheshunt rail incident
- 6 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 7 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 8 £7.5 million cash package sought for new A120 business park
- 9 Dog whose owner moved away without her is featured on TV
- 10 Former Felsted schoolboy who broke back twice wins Tokyo bronze