Have a say on Dunmow’s future
WHAT do you like and dislike about Dunmow? The Town Design Statement Group is asking residents to tell them what they like and what annoys them about the town by taking photographs as part of the Photo Fun Day on Saturday October 21 from 10am at Foakes Ha
WHAT do you like and dislike about Dunmow?
The Town Design Statement Group is asking residents to tell them what they like and what annoys them about the town by taking photographs as part of the Photo Fun Day on Saturday October 21 from 10am at Foakes Hall.
This is part of the group's work to draw up a Town Design Statement. This is a document compiled from the input of people in the town and used as a benchmark by district planning officials when they receive applications for new buildings. It will help to ensure the town's character is protected and enhanced rather than detracted from.
Visitors to Foakes Hall will be given a disposable camera and invited to go out and take pictures of the town. The photos will be developed the same day and in the afternoon there will be a chance to look at the results.
You may also want to watch:
The statement is a joint initiative by the Town Strategy Group, Town Council, Dunmow Society and the Great Dunmow and District Historical and Literary Society.
Group chairman Neil Blackshaw, said: "We hope that this will be a fun and interesting exercise for the whole family. People may never have really studied the town they live in before and hopefully will delight in finding the best and worst things about it."
- 1 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 2 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 3 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 4 Braintree council installs further electric vehicle charging points
- 5 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 7 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 8 Dunmow mayor sets out summer programme set to unite community
- 9 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 10 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
People who want to attend must register by e-mail to email@example.com or by post to Dunmow Town Design Statement, Foakes House, 47 Stortford Road, Great Dunmow, Essex CM6 1DG. The details you must send are: name, address, telephone number, e-mail address and the number of people who wish to attend.