Hatfield Heath road death: Tribute paid to father-of-two
A FATHER-OF-TWO who was killed in a motorcycle crash in Hatfield Heath yesterday morning (Wednesday June 29) has been described as “the brightest star in the sky” by his family
Steven Johns, from Broomfield, Hatfield Heath, died after losing control of his Yamaha motorcycle on the A1060 at about 7.45am.
The 34-year-old motorbike enthusiast, who worked as a welder for Inflite near Stansted Airport, was declared dead at the scene. Officers were forced to close the road for four hours to investigate.
Speaking on behalf of his family, wife Cerri, 30, said: “Steve was a loving and devoted husband, father and son.
“Steve was first and foremost a fantastic father to our sons Rylan, five and Harley, two and a loving husband, a cherished son and brother to Geoff, Sue and Chris.
You may also want to watch:
“He was a laid back, fun loving man, liked by everyone.
“Steve’s hobbies included music, playing his guitar, singing and motorbikes. He will forever remain in our hearts and will always be the brightest star in the sky. Steve will be sadly missed by all.”
- 1 Lionel the Giant Perch is 'the perfect addition'
- 2 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 3 Dunmow tributes to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 4 Takeley virtual consultation opens
- 5 Lockdown easing: 'Shop abuse will not be tolerated'
- 6 Online Young Musician competition launched by Dunmow Rotarians
- 7 Ram-raid gang member absconds from Suffolk jail
- 8 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 9 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 10 They're record breakers! Self-test attracts worldwide support
Police are appealing for anyone with any information to contact the serious collision investigation unit on 0300 333 4444 or e-mail email@example.com