Hatfield Heath Community Primary School makes the top 10 in The Sunday Times Parent Power rankings
A PRIMARY school has been ranked amongst the best performing state schools in East Anglia.
According to the latest edition of The Sunday Times Parent Power – published in The Sunday Times at the weekend – Hatfield Heath Community leapt more than 200 places to rank fourth in the region in terms of its academic performance, much to the delight of headteacher John Clements.
“Whilst recognising that the tables don’t show everything one needs to know about a school and that a few children slipping up in the external tests in a three year period can mean a drop of a hundred places or more, they do provide an important insight into a schools success.
“As such we are delighted to see that once again the skill and exceptional hard work of our whole school team have helped pupils achieve real success”.
As well as assessment of all academic results on a school-by-school basis, Parent Power allows parents to compare performances of schools against others in the same town, local authority or nationally.
You may also want to watch:
The survey – now in its 20th publication and widely acknowledged as the most authoritative survey of the country’s best schools – is determined by performances in level four Sats tests.
Hatfield Heath had an impressive aggregate score of 887 out of 900, sending it on a remarkable journey up the national league tables, climbing from 313th place in 2009 to 95th.
- 1 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 2 Hospice at home service in seventh year but Covid impact 'challenging'
- 3 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 4 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 5 Broomfield staff facing a 'battlefield scenario' in Covid fight
- 6 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'
- 7 Man jailed for at least 18 years after murdering partner out of jealousy
- 8 Archaeologists find remains of Iron Age village
- 9 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 10 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
Clenchwarton Community Primary School in Kings Lynn School takes the honours as top ranking state primary school in the region with a score of 897, ranking it 18th in the UK.
The definitive Sunday Times Parent Power online guide can be found from Sunday at thesundaytimes.co.uk/parentpower