Hatfield Forest Welly Walk for cancer charity
HELP to make a difference and raise money to fight cancer by joining an annual Welly Walk which this year comes to Hatfield Forest for the first time.
Don the waterproof boots in September for a 5km trek around the medieval trees and lake all in aid of the Helen Rollason Cancer Charity.
Walk for someone you know who has suffered with cancer, walk for someone who has been helped by the charity or just walk for fun – the choice is yours.
HRCC community relations manager Angela Lodge said: “Helen Rollason Welly Walks are a huge success and to be able to roll one out in this area is fantastic.
“We are really looking forward to seeing all those jazzy and colourful wellies on the day – all styles, colours and shapes are welcome and the more diverse the better!”
You may also want to watch:
The 3.2mile route will start and finish at the Shell House Car Park near to the centre of the forest. The walk is open to adults, children and “well-behaved dogs.”
Mrs Lodge added: “We are really looking forward to having as many people from the area support us as possible.
- 1 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 2 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 3 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 4 Hot lunches to support more vulnerable in community
- 5 Seventh flood in Great Bardfield breaks pavement
- 6 Dolly the pig gets help after getting stuck in the mud
- 7 Man jailed for at least 18 years after murdering partner out of jealousy
- 8 Swan Inn customers support the foodbank
- 9 Former POW camp on council heritage list
- 10 Work placements for almost 200 ARU student nurses
“It’s going to be a great morning out for all the family. We look forward to seeing you there. But please remember the route is not suitable for buggies or wheelchairs as it takes walkers through woodland.”
The charity, which has cancer support centres at Broomfield Hospital, Chelmsford, Sawbridgeworth and London, receives limited funding and relies heavily on support from the community.
Thanks to fundraising events such as the welly walk, it is able to continue funding cancer support services and research into the disease.
To take part, be at the Shell House car park at 10.15am on Sunday September 25. Registration costs are �10 per adult (Concessions �5). Children under 16 go free.
For more info and for registration forms visit helenrollason.org.uk or call 01245 514325.
ARE you taking part for a loved one? Tell us your story – e-mail email@example.com or call 01799 512882.