Two people in serious condition after car crash
- Credit: Essex Police
A collision in Hatfield Broad Oak resulted in two people with serious injuries being taken to hospital.
The crash happened on Friday, January 29 at 4.30pm.
A black Audi R8 was travelling from Hatfield Broad Oak in the direction of The Four Ashes pub in Takeley when it was involved in a head-on collision with a white Ford C-Max.
It is believed the Audi may have been trying to attempt to overtake another car, a Volvo, at the time.
The occupants of both the Audi and the C-Max were seriously injured and have been taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital where they remain in a serious condition.
You may also want to watch:
Police officers were at the scene on the B183 and the road had been closed. An investigation is currently underway and police are appealing for witnesses.
A spokesperson for Essex Police said: "We would like to hear from anyone who either witnessed the collision or saw the Audi R8 travelling towards The Four Ashes in the moments leading up to the crash.
"We would also like to hear from anyone with dash cam footage."
- 1 Lionel the Giant Perch is 'the perfect addition'
- 2 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 3 Takeley virtual consultation opens
- 4 Ram-raid gang member absconds from Suffolk jail
- 5 Dunmow tributes to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 6 Lockdown easing: 'Shop abuse will not be tolerated'
- 7 They're record breakers! Self-test attracts worldwide support
- 8 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 9 Online Young Musician competition launched by Dunmow Rotarians
- 10 Doorbell crimes in Thaxted see one ‘ripped off’ before suspect flees
Anyone with information can contact Essex Police's Serious Collision Investigation Unit by calling 101, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.