MUSICAL youngsters gathered at Felsted Preparatory School to spend a Saturday stretching their string-playing skills. Around 35 six-to-13-year-olds from Felsted, Widford Lodge and Holmwood House, took part in the day under the direction of the Felsted S
MUSICAL youngsters gathered at Felsted Preparatory School to spend a Saturday stretching their string-playing skills.
Around 35 six-to-13-year-olds from Felsted, Widford Lodge and Holmwood House, took part in the day under the direction of the Felsted Schools' head of strings,
The children learned bowing techniques and effects and tried them in combination in a variety of pieces.
They created their own improvised weather scene under the direction of novice conductors from each school.
The morning finished with a concert for all the parents.
- 1 New speed check groups to start: Rayne duo share experiences
- 2 Dunmow Rovers Tigers Under 10s celebrate 'fantastic result'
- 3 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 4 Outdoor theatre shows for all the family set for the National Trust's Hatfield Forest this summer
- 5 Wins for High Roding, Aythorpe Roding and Dunmow cricketers
- 6 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 7 Great Dunmow's Soapbox Race's thrills and spills in pictures
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 10 Dunmow pilots airlift medical aid to help Ukraine
Felsted Preparatory School offers Outstanding Talent Awards for musically gifted children aged 11-13.
Felsted has an enviable reputation for music. The chapel choir regularly performs in cathedrals around the country and has toured at home and abroad, and many children sing regularly in the various other school choirs.
There are flourishing orchestras and ensemble groups an more than half the pupils at the school learn a musical instrument.
The dedicated music school has three full time members of staff and 30 visiting instrumental and vocal teachers.