MUSICAL youngsters gathered at Felsted Preparatory School to spend a Saturday stretching their string-playing skills. Around 35 six-to-13-year-olds from Felsted, Widford Lodge and Holmwood House, took part in the day under the direction of the Felsted S
MUSICAL youngsters gathered at Felsted Preparatory School to spend a Saturday stretching their string-playing skills.
Around 35 six-to-13-year-olds from Felsted, Widford Lodge and Holmwood House, took part in the day under the direction of the Felsted Schools' head of strings,
The children learned bowing techniques and effects and tried them in combination in a variety of pieces.
They created their own improvised weather scene under the direction of novice conductors from each school.
The morning finished with a concert for all the parents.
- 1 Bardfield cottage transformed into scrumptious-looking gingerbread house for Christmas
- 2 Olympic gold medallist Beth Shriever switches on Finchingfield's Christmas tree lights
- 3 First Sunday in December marked with Live Nativity in Great Dunmow
- 4 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of terrorism offences at Stansted Airport
- 6 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 7 Essex buildings are lit up in green for awareness campaign
- 8 Braintree investment leads to questions about Witham
- 9 'Massive' headliners set to be announced for Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up
- 10 Chelmsford: Safety improvements planned at roundabout after Thaxted man dies
Felsted Preparatory School offers Outstanding Talent Awards for musically gifted children aged 11-13.
Felsted has an enviable reputation for music. The chapel choir regularly performs in cathedrals around the country and has toured at home and abroad, and many children sing regularly in the various other school choirs.
There are flourishing orchestras and ensemble groups an more than half the pupils at the school learn a musical instrument.
The dedicated music school has three full time members of staff and 30 visiting instrumental and vocal teachers.