Half term fun at Hatfield Forest
THERE is plenty of half term fun on offer at the National Trust s Hatfield Forest. Nest box building, on Tuesday February 17 from 11am to 3pm, coincides with National Nest Box Week and visitors can build a nest box to take home and attract birds to their
THERE is plenty of half term fun on offer at the National Trust's Hatfield Forest.
Nest box building, on Tuesday February 17 from 11am to 3pm, coincides with National Nest Box Week and visitors can build a nest box to take home and attract birds to their own garden.
Nest box kits have been constructed from timber grown, felled and milled on the property as part of the Trust's sustainable woodland conservation work, and all proceeds from the event will directly help to fund conserving the site.
This event is suitable for accompanied children, and costs �10 per nest box.
You may also want to watch:
The Welly Walk, on Wednesday February 18 from 11am to 3pm, gives children the opportunity to explore the forest using their senses. Wellies are a must. Places cost �4 per child.
There are no admission charges for Hatfield Forest, although a car park charge of �4.50 applies for all visitors and events. To book places on these events call 01279 870678.
- 1 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 2 Hospice at home service in seventh year but Covid impact 'challenging'
- 3 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 4 Broomfield staff facing a 'battlefield scenario' in Covid fight
- 5 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 6 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'
- 7 Man jailed for at least 18 years after murdering partner out of jealousy
- 8 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 9 Seventh flood in Great Bardfield breaks pavement
- 10 Archaeologists find remains of Iron Age village