Half term fun at Hatfield Forest
THERE is plenty of half term fun on offer at the National Trust s Hatfield Forest. Nest box building, on Tuesday February 17 from 11am to 3pm, coincides with National Nest Box Week and visitors can build a nest box to take home and attract birds to their
THERE is plenty of half term fun on offer at the National Trust's Hatfield Forest.
Nest box building, on Tuesday February 17 from 11am to 3pm, coincides with National Nest Box Week and visitors can build a nest box to take home and attract birds to their own garden.
Nest box kits have been constructed from timber grown, felled and milled on the property as part of the Trust's sustainable woodland conservation work, and all proceeds from the event will directly help to fund conserving the site.
This event is suitable for accompanied children, and costs �10 per nest box.
You may also want to watch:
The Welly Walk, on Wednesday February 18 from 11am to 3pm, gives children the opportunity to explore the forest using their senses. Wellies are a must. Places cost �4 per child.
There are no admission charges for Hatfield Forest, although a car park charge of �4.50 applies for all visitors and events. To book places on these events call 01279 870678.
- 1 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 2 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 3 New cycle network consultation announced
- 4 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 5 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 6 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 7 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 9 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 10 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down