Greville Theatre team add their names to Rose Bowl after winning Dunmow Rotary club quiz
- Credit: Archant
Quiz-goers helped to raise more than £1,000 for charity and smiled all night long – even those who were handed the dreaded wooden spoon.
The annual Rose Bowl Quiz, organised by The Rotary Club of Dunmow, took place on Friday, at Foakes Hall.
Clubs, societies, individuals and businesses turned up to support the club’s fundraiser.
This year was close, with 19 tables taking part, but the Greville Theatre team won the right to add their team name to the coveted bowl. Each member was also presented with a bottle of wine.
The Catholic Women’s team took home the wooden spoons but accepted their tokens gracefully.
Raffle prizes were donated by groups and people in the town which helped get the total raised to more than £1,000 to go to local Rotary charities.
Anyone interested in joining the Rotary Club of Dunmow should contact Mike Perry on 01371 872129.
- 1 Suspected crowbar assault leaves Stansted driver with serious injuries
- 2 Great Dunmow man jailed for 14 years
- 3 Data reveals distracted drivers repeatedly caught in Essex
- 4 Assault in Dunmow's Tesco car park
- 5 Solar farm planning application near Thaxted
- 6 Memories are made of this for Bob as Barnston and High Roding meet at last
- 7 Essex: More Electric Vehicles needed to meet goals
- 8 Plans for 18 houses in Countryside Protection Zone near Stansted Airport
- 9 Court imposes five year ban on shoplifter
- 10 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden