Greville Theatre team add their names to Rose Bowl after winning Dunmow Rotary club quiz
- Credit: Archant
Quiz-goers helped to raise more than £1,000 for charity and smiled all night long – even those who were handed the dreaded wooden spoon.
The annual Rose Bowl Quiz, organised by The Rotary Club of Dunmow, took place on Friday, at Foakes Hall.
Clubs, societies, individuals and businesses turned up to support the club’s fundraiser.
This year was close, with 19 tables taking part, but the Greville Theatre team won the right to add their team name to the coveted bowl. Each member was also presented with a bottle of wine.
The Catholic Women’s team took home the wooden spoons but accepted their tokens gracefully.
You may also want to watch:
Raffle prizes were donated by groups and people in the town which helped get the total raised to more than £1,000 to go to local Rotary charities.
Anyone interested in joining the Rotary Club of Dunmow should contact Mike Perry on 01371 872129.
- 1 Secretary of state to consider overturning Finchingfield houses approval
- 2 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 3 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 4 Villages around Great Dunmow covered in frost and snow
- 5 Red engraved gem from iron ring is older than was previously thought
- 6 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'
- 7 Dozens of illegal fishing nets and traps seized during pandemic
- 8 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 9 Seventh flood in Great Bardfield breaks pavement
- 10 Hot lunches to support more vulnerable in community