Greville Theatre team add their names to Rose Bowl after winning Dunmow Rotary club quiz
- Credit: Archant
Quiz-goers helped to raise more than £1,000 for charity and smiled all night long – even those who were handed the dreaded wooden spoon.
The annual Rose Bowl Quiz, organised by The Rotary Club of Dunmow, took place on Friday, at Foakes Hall.
Clubs, societies, individuals and businesses turned up to support the club’s fundraiser.
This year was close, with 19 tables taking part, but the Greville Theatre team won the right to add their team name to the coveted bowl. Each member was also presented with a bottle of wine.
The Catholic Women’s team took home the wooden spoons but accepted their tokens gracefully.
You may also want to watch:
Raffle prizes were donated by groups and people in the town which helped get the total raised to more than £1,000 to go to local Rotary charities.
Anyone interested in joining the Rotary Club of Dunmow should contact Mike Perry on 01371 872129.
- 1 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 2 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 3 New cycle network consultation announced
- 4 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 5 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 6 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 7 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 9 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 10 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows