Gregg gets the keys
A MAN from Barnston couldn t believe his luck after being handed the keys to a brand new car he won in a competition on Saturday. Gregg Pettit, 27, a facilities management engineer from Chelmsford Road said he was thrilled to have won the 1.2 litre Volk
A MAN from Barnston 'couldn't believe his luck' after being handed the keys to a brand new car he won in a competition on Saturday.
Gregg Pettit, 27, a facilities management engineer from Chelmsford Road said he was thrilled to have won the 1.2 litre Volkswagen Polo, but admitted that he knew very little about it.
"My fiancée Kirsty and I were looking to sell our house back in April and asked Intercounty to come and give us a valuation. I didn't think any more about it.
"Then a couple of weeks ago I was just about to go into a meeting when I got a phone call saying I'd won the car.
You may also want to watch:
"I didn't believe it at first; I thought it was one of these cons you hear about."
The shiny red car was officially handed over to Mr Pettit on Saturday outside Intercounty's Great Dunmow office by office manager Andrew Kershaw and the man who drew Mr Pettit's name out of the hat, managing director Greg Young.
- 1 'That's more like it' roars Takeley's John Hedges after comfortable win in pro fight number two
- 2 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation
- 3 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 4 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 5 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 6 Doorbell crimes in Thaxted see one ‘ripped off’ before suspect flees
- 7 Woman taken to hospital after serious accident between Takeley and Dunmow
- 8 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 9 Rise in dog thefts during lockdown, says charity
- 10 Take a look at Great Dunmow's very own secret garden
To enter the prize draw applicants were asked to book a free market appraisal between January and April this year through one of Intercounty's branches in Bishop's Stortford, Saffron Walden, Great Dunmow, Stansted and Braintree.