Green light to convert two Uttlesford schools into academies
- Credit: Archant
Two Uttlesford schools have been given academy status by the Department for Education (DfE).
Hatfield Heath Primary School and Forest Hall School are no longer maintained by the local authority after both facilities converted on February 1, following Secretary of State approval.
Not only has the former become an academy, it will also sponsor the old Takeley school, Roseacres, when it re-opens in September.
Hatfield Heath will be run by a new charitable body, The Learning Partnership Trust, created by the school’s governing body and headteacher, John Clements.
Mr Clements, who will become the executive headteacher of Roseacres, said: “We are aiming to create a strong, professional partnership where working together provides exciting opportunities for children, staff and the communities.”
You may also want to watch:
Forest Hall School, in Stansted, is being sponsored by the the Burnt Mill Academy Trust (BMAT) and the hope is to move the school from its current position of good to outstanding.
Acting headteacher Stephen Hehir said: “The sponsorship of Forest Hall School by BMAT creates an exciting opportunity for the students, parents and local community. Teaching, learning and raising standards of achievement will be at the forefront of the school’s vision to ensure that no student is left behind and that all can aspire to greatness.”
- 1 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 2 New cycle network consultation announced
- 3 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 4 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 5 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 6 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 7 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 9 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 10 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome