Racers at the ready for return of village soapbox event
- Credit: Archant
There is still time to sign up for a place in the Great Easton Soapbox Race on September 1.
Organisers have promised a great day out, with refreshments and craft stalls.
The day starts at 11am and up to 40 karts will brave the Great Easton Hill, with the first kart shooting down the course at 12pm.
Proceeds from the day will be split between the Royal British Legion and Great Easton’s community association.
Alastair Farr, chairman of the organising committee, said: ‘Last year we had more than 2,000 spectators and raised £12,000 for charity, We have a wonderful raffle, the first prize is a return flight for two to Le Touquet from Andrewsfield.”
You may also want to watch:
The event is free to watch with a parking charge.
There is still time to enter the race and application forms can be downloaded from the race’s Facebook page, and collected from The Swan pub in Great Easton.
- 1 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 2 Dunmow Cricket Club announces new sponsor
- 3 Garden of remembrance opens, part funded by Captain Sir Tom Moore fund
- 4 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 5 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
- 6 Dunmow sign writer's traditional skills are a hit
- 7 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 8 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan
- 9 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 10 Numbers seeking support double - can you help Uttlesford foodbank?