Great Easton resident celebrates reaching a century
- Credit: Archant
A centenary celebration rang out for Josie Brown from Little Easton as she turned 100 years old.
Singing, dancing and slices of cake were to hand as Josie, a resident of The Moat House care home, received her special birthday card from the Queen.
Bobbie Thornton, Josie’s daughter, who manages Moat Park retirement village, said: “Mum has lived at The Moat House since March 2016 and is one of its much-loved residents.
“Sharon Thompson, who manages the home, and her team do an absolutely fantastic job looking after her and I can’t thank them enough.
“On behalf of everyone here, staff and residents alike, I’d like to take this opportunity to wish Mum a very happy birthday and offer our warmest congratulations.”
You may also want to watch:
Josie was showered with gifts and celebrated with three generations of family, including her great grandson.
- 1 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 2 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 3 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 4 High Easter claim Division Two title with win over Great Bradfords
- 5 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 6 Concerns that Covid lockdowns has caused fitness levels to drop
- 7 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 8 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 9 Dunmow Cricket Club announces new sponsor
- 10 Dunmow sign writer's traditional skills are a hit